Getting glue off MDF

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

I WILL be 15 Wangin

Post Number: 385
I ripped off my carpet that i had on my old box and im going to fiberglass it...anyways i need to know if there is an easier way getting the glue off the box than sanding?

Bronze Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 34
you cant fiberglass a box so to speak. it doesnt stick to wood youd have to start from scratch and use fleece. look at this url http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=74519&PN=1 its how i learned but know you have a lot of rigorous work and large amount of time ahead good luck and make sure you wear long sleeves when you sand.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1365
u sure man? plenty of ppl here resin their boxes. im sure u could just resin or put mat on teh outside and sand it down and itd b right. the fiberglass should cover up the glue thats left i would think.

Bronze Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 36
i never had luck with gettin it ta stick but if people do ask them how they do id like ta know lol. remember if you glass over the glue thats a highspot you have ta sand down later and fiberglass itches like hell.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2207
Belt sand with 60 grit or angle grinder. then You need to clean and dewax the wood with acotone.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3816
why are you fiber glassing the outside

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

I WILL be 15 Wangin

Post Number: 388
something to do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums