WTF RCAS AND 2 AMPs = crap =(

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1886
so for some fu<ked up as$ reason now whenever 2 amps are plugged into my HU with splitters i sounds like crap... i tested all wires to. and HU! i got a line driver as well and it helps a bit but i dont get the ear popping lows no more wtf happened? im gettin really pissed off today.. very bad day... is Overdrive Line drivers any good? i prolly got ripped i idnt look online.. i paid 150$ for it it says it does 7.5V rms...

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4186
turn the gains down on the amp....

the amps might be only compatible with 6volts and under... depends on the amps like hifonics the mx input u can do its 9 volts... if u pass the maxx voltage for the preaminput... u can fry the rca conductors on the amp

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1344
try using the pass through for the RCA's on one of the amps?

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1888
but its odd the earthquake takes upto 16V and the jbl takes upto 4V they were both set right. The problem jsut happened out of nowhere. I got the line driver installed but i still dont get the bass like i did before... and im not boosting the rca by much.. just so it hits about 4V

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1890
^bump

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2205
try removing the line driver and see if that helps. If you run rca to just bass amp does it hit?

Splitting rca should not have effect on bass. I got mine split all over the place with no problems and Im also using an EQ that bumps it up to 8 volt as well.
What hu? Does it not have a bass rca out? Just one rca out? Check the settings on the HU?
Does line driver have settings? Try new rcas.

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

15 Wangers PBX

Post Number: 295
try new rca splitter maybe the one you have is defective

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 215
for some fu<ked up as$ reason,lol,good way to start a thread, when ever i unhook an amp or any part of a system after the initial install,that happens to me.the lows go away never to return.i just posted a thread last week about this.I unhooked my batt cables to do a big three and that was it. i got done hooked everything back up and my 140 plus is now a muddy 135 maybe.nothing blew or changed.ive had it happen before when i moved an amp the bass sucked so i put it back in the same place it was originally where it was pounding before,and it still sucked.So now w/my current setup,I was slamming for 5 days did big 3 now sucking.Lesson learned the hard way,hook it up 1x if it sounds good ,dont touch it!no matter what.im gonna try a friends amp tomorrow to see if it sound any diff,but im sure it wont.It dont make sense and im tired of trying to figure it out too.i just upped the boost and the gain and use the loud button if i get mad enough at the muddy sound.and all that makes louder more muddy bass.lol

Gold Member

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1892
Yea im still pissed about it.. i think my RCA input ons my JBL amp mgh have some sort of problem... :-( the only way to get it to not affect my earthquake is to hook it up with my HIGH\MID RCA OUT and throw it at the line driver then to the JB while the earthquake is on the Subwoofer out... Its ok i guess but now it looks like its pulling more power, i see bigger drops then before but it sounds better then using both subwoofer preouts again... :-( new so now i still need power and a new amp... I hope its the JBL or the HU... but i dont think its the HU :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us