HEY!! Oleg

Bronze Member
Username: Pete_the_pup

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 12
You recommended the ORION HCCA-D2400 for my set up. P/A FUBR-10's You said to let you know how i liked it. I love it. When I crank it up there is so much sound pressure it makes breathing a noticable job. You Da' Man Dude Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 628
Nothing beats advice when someone has actually tested the stuff. We beat the amp senseless and that's the best test I can give it lol I'm glad you like it...never gets hot, eh?

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 13
I mounted it under the driver seat, and so far it hasn't even got real warm. I only have 1 sub wired up right now. 1 ohm load. the only way i could wire 2 it would be 2ohm or 1/2ohm or get different subs with dual 4ohm v/c.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 636
*cough*different subs*cough* lol
Read this thread...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/278071.html

dude is running it at .44ohm load.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 637
Oh and I'd try to add the other sub, too. Series each sub's coils and then parallel the subs together to get 2ohms. See how they sound, if good...problem solved. Damping factor will also increase with the increased resistance.

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 14
So I could run it a .5 ohm as long as i keep an eye on the temp. like with a infrared thermometer. If it starts getting hot turn it down or turn it off?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 638
I can't personally recommend that b/c I don't want you to ruin your stuff. It seems to have worked for that guy and I don't think it'll overheat, but you would need to keep an eye on it. I don't want to tell you to try it, then have it mess up...I'd feel bad. If you feel like it'll work, try it. I'd actually try the 2ohm load first and see how you like that.

Bronze Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 98
how r those FUBR working for you,,,on hear they say they suck...but from people i know ive been told they are great spl subs

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 15
For me they "kick butt" and take names. I've had um' in a GT40 with a BOSS RIPPER amp and they would blow your head off becouse they were right behind you at shoulder level. The mids and tweets didn't have a chance. If SPL means Sound Pressure Level. Yes they can and will (i won't use the word hurt) but i'll say make it uncomforatable to be in close proximity.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 639
Do they sound good at all or are they sloppy? Do they hit a lot harder with the orion?

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 16
With the Boss they were quite muddy. It didn't have the freq. adj. like the Orion. I mostly listen to hard classic rock which is more melodic than todays music that has the HIT in which you speak, but yes with the Orion the bass is tighter, cleaner and I have to keep adjusting my rearview mirror cause it vibrates loose. (the only thing i ain't done is glued it in place)and that's with just 1 10" sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 99
have you heard the MOFOs?

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 17
No! I can't say that i have. I'm no expert or can not even say knowledgable about drivers and such, but i know what i like. I have found that even a cheap driver can sound good in a box built for it or a tpo off the line driver will sound like crap in a box made like it.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 641
Cool cool...so are you gonna try hooking up the 2nd sub? I wanna see how it goes

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 18
Yeeeah! (that southern for yes) I have a sealed box made for the FUBR. I can mount one in it and plug um' in and see what falls off my truck next!!

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 642
you're saying your box only lets you hook up 1 at a time?

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 19
yes! they're individual boxes. I have (2) .5 cu. ft. sealed boxes and 1 ported tube that i made.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 643
ahhhh alright lemme know when you do it....pics??

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 20
I don't have access to a scanner and besides I'm at work, ( don't have a computer at home, I have to pack a lunch to go to the mail box) I'm gonna try it this weekend and i'll fill ya' in Monday. Besides my homade tube ain't purr-dy, but it rocks the truck

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 644
lol sounds good!

Username: Soke

Post Number: 10
...owwwwwwwwwwww

Bronze Member

Gaffney, Sc Usa

Post Number: 21
Well!! I did it. Hooked up both subs and thanks to "Oleg" my truck not only provides valuable transportation, it now has therapeutic properties. When i get a sore back I just put in the earplugs, load up "Rush" 2112 "AHHHH" instant massage. Just a hair past half volume the metal building about 20 ft. from where I park starts to rattle. PtP is a Happy "REDNECK" thanks again Oleg. Pete The Pup

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 657
haha you're funny, man. Enjoy! ttyl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us