Car audio inside

Username: Sound_r_us

Post Number: 3
I know I've seen this answered before but it was awile ago and I don't remember the answer.

I have two Treo 12 SSI 750 RMS pushed by a visonik 1200 watt 1 ohm amp (not the greatest amp but it gets the job done) I want to hook them up inside and wondering what I need to make this happen. I was thinking along the lines of a pwower invertor.. etc Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1315
u can use either a power inverter, or a battery w/a battery charger. after that its all the same as in the car, just positive and negative, of course u hav to run the remote to positive unless u hav a remote wire on w/e stereo ur hookn it up to.

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1317
didnt bump

Post Number: 4
Thanks Jordan, where would I find a power invertor that would do the trick.

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1319
ebay. make sure it will suppply enough amps to power ur amp. usually u can find 60-80 amp ones on there.

If u choose to go the other way, just hook up a battery to a charger, the battery acts as a car battery, and the charger is like ur alt. in the car.

the power inverter is a lil easier/safer.

Post Number: 5
Last question... how do I hook up the amp to a reciever... is it straight forward ?

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1320
RCAs if its got em. if not i guess u'd hav to use a line output coverter to make the speakr wires RCAs. more than likely u can just run RCAs to it. The remote wire can be hooked straight up to the positive in the power inverter.

Post Number: 6
ok thanks, im having trouble finding the right kind of power inverter, i need dc to ac right
???

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4417
I have a 2000w power inverter that can handle many tasks. I have a small 12v solar setup charging a 400ah battery bank that I can use to power my big screen, fridge, and lights when the power fails. The key to these systems is to use a battery bank meter that displays your battery bank's current voltage and ah's used and % left in the bank. It was an awesome project. Free power!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us