?whats everyone power their bl with

Silver Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 110
i just want to know to see if i could power it right becasue i have a kx 1200 but no electrical upgrades so i dont really know how much its putting out

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11047
yes you can. i used to run 1200wrms on my stock alt and it did okay.

if it was me i'd get some electrical upgrades and feed that baby monster (its a baby cause the btl is the monster lol) 2000wrms.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1320
Don't take Chad's word on that!All alternators are different and put out different amperage at different RPM.The best way to know for sure is to use a DMM and meter while you play it and watch your voltage level and if it drops below 12.5 you probably shouldn't be running that much power.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

KINETIKLos Angeles, CA

Post Number: 11050
yeah thats my bad.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1322
It's all good lol.Chad you had good intentions but it's just that with my stock alt it was having trouble running 1K rms because of the IDLE amperage it was producing after a while of abuse on it so that was when I upgraded.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 266
i was just wondering i know that they have those alts at autozone for around a bill and have lifetime warranty i know that they couldnt handle a system but i was wondering how long it takes for a system to destroy an alt?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us