Post Number: 2217
on your amp, who here has the bass boost set at 0

im in florida right now, so i cant test mine out, but will it be better SQ

3 diamonds in a sealed box running on an ED nine.1

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2499
I am a bass nut by nature so NO my bass boost is not at 0, lol. I can actually say that my MAX range is set at 9db which is half (18db) of what it could be. I use enough to give me a headache and not enough to cause clipping. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2220
thanks im just looking for peoples opinions

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 422
I also run diamond subs (2 D3's right now but switching to D6's)...and I have my bass boost turned off at the amp...it sounds much better that way...IMO

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3527
my last amp i had i used mine up to 2-3db, also out of 18.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1768
As long as you have a good amp & subs the bass boost shouldnt really effect the SQ

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3355
my amps don't have a bass boost and the bass on my h/u is on 0 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3659
bassboost=sh;t if you ask me because on most amps on HU it only boost 1 freq. so it sounds peaky and unnatural

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2223
thanks guys!, i will have to try it when i get home

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2500
Not all units boost just one frequency even though it says 40hz.The frequency stated is a target frequency but some actually effect the surrounding frequencies to keep from being too peaky, this is called bandwidth. Now most amplifiers you cannot control the set bandwidth of the BB peak or targeted frequency of 40hz so it has a set fall off rate and how fast it falls is listed in db/octave, just like you LP and HPF's. My amplifiers (Kicker sx 1250.1) have a bandwidth adjustment which is great because I can adjust how much it boosts the surrounding frequencies along with the target frequency which is also adjustable. Yes you heard right I can adjust my BB frequency all the way from 20hz on up! Now you know why SX series amps are soo much more expensive BUT well worth there price. Funny thing since they were released in 04 they haven't changed one bit! I think Kicker out did themselves so it remains unchanged. Polo.. :-O

PS- Check your manuals and it will give you an idea how good your BB is. If it does only effect

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 3074
me = 0 bass boost
i dont need it.. mines already loud w/o it

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 116
i have one 12 and i dont use the bass boost. if i were to turn it on i think i would damage my hearing

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 190
my hu bass is at its lowest -6 .boost on amp is at 9 of 18.i dont use the loud button on the hu.if i turn the amps boost to 0 i dont have hardly no bass.so no mines not at 0 either.

Silver Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 145
mines zero also. BL's dont need anything more...lol

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 184
it can be used in a ported box to boost output where it is lacking, but it's probably better to reduce the frequency at which the sub peaks rather than boosting only part of the frequencies.

It really just depends. I have mine set to 0 because I'm running sealed and don't want peaky bass response (same reason I'm not running ported and trying to smooth things out with a boost or EQ)

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1247
couldnt tell u how many dbs mine is cuz mb quart doent list it like that....it just has max n min on the remote.....

n i have my sub out set to 7 it can go to 15..... but i think i messed my tsx up cuz i used to be able to run it @ 3 yes 3 an it would be just as loud so i think one the vcs is gone or close to it i dunno......

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1246
my sub level on my HU is usually at 3/6, but i turn it up on some rap songs. i dont adjust it for rock songs because of my epicenter :-)

the bass remote itself to the amp is all the way down

gain on amp is half way up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us