2001 Tahoe, subwoofer that appears stock?

Username: Abbrantley

Post Number: 1
I have a 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe. Currently the entire audio system is factory including the head unit. I have the 8" woofer, but would like a little punch than it puts out (which is not very much). The trick is to make it appear stock. I just do not want to take up any of my cargo area with bulky woofer boxes.

Any suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 604
depends if you want a decient to lot amount of bump ur gunna nead a big box to put the sub(s) in. if you only want a little bump you can get a low power sub that can be put into a very small sealed box and then buy a truck sub box and put that in. i will take up very little room but the downfall is you can only put low power subs in them cuz the higher power subs like ported boxes which will take up alot of room

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 745
Something like this maybe? I'm sure if you look around, you can find one cheaper.

http://caraudiofactory.com/20002007-chevy-tahoe-p-239.html

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4006
hmmm that should be the same as my 02 escalade right? something I've always wondered... is what the performance would be like if you took out the stock sub and replaced it with a better sub, maybe improved the enclosure its in too, but still have it in the same spot the stock one is.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2178
Treo ssi8.22
its 500wrms so you will need something other then stock amp

how bout a jl 8 w7?

theres tons out there.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1669
rl-i FTW

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1103
arsenal when they come out?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6385
rl-i, new assassin, RE 8?

Username: Abbrantley

Post Number: 2
I have found the answer to my own question and I will share in case any of you are interested in the solution.

MTX makes a Thunderform enclosure (custom boxes) that fit in the factory sub position, but replaces it with a 10" MTX woofer. The enclosure comes either amplified ($600) or without an amp ($300).

I found them at Crutchfield.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us