Tested the SPLmeter.com vs Termlab today....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4598
...and i was surprised.

I put it and my Termlab side-by-side and burped in a Jimmy w/ 2 L712's today. At ~140-145dB, the SPLmeter.com mic read .2-.4dB higher than the TL.

It was quite consistent and all-in-all worked great. Seems to be a pretty good meter to use for simple testing if you don't have ~$625 to drop on a TL.

BTW, the L712's were in 4.25cuft tuned to 35hz w/ 4 4" flares that I built awhile back for 2 type-R's (the owner recut the box for L7's)...did 144.2 legal ~48hz. They did 145.4 in the kick.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building, Email us wit...

Post Number: 6373
So it was only .4dB's off?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4600
Yes...at 140 to 145.4dB on the TL, the SPLmeter.com mic was .2-.4dB higher.

I did not test it at lower or higher SPL though.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 633
im very impressed. and thanks canaan i have been contemplating gettin a SPLmeter and this helps

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3655
cool, i wonder how they do around the 150 area though or where they actually start to differ alot

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 367
i knew i shouldve got 1, that made my mind up 100%

so atleast ill have an idea of wat i hit, cause i have no idea, i just know u cant drive turned up lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10886
good post Marshall - do testing 4 us on some lower ranges like 120-140dbs & let us know how this goes

heck i might buy 1 if u say its all good ....

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 809
Thats nice to hear. Might have to pick one up after I can afford to get a new amp.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2093
i have the spl meter and i have hit 147.4db @ 48hz, the same frequency or close to the freq u burped at. i think that this meter is a great meter....its VERY consistent and seems to work well on really all frequencies...its also really sensitive to a small change in SPL...

Quote*** i did not test it at lower or higher SPL though***

instead of higher or lower spl testing you should try testing at different frequencies. see how they compare burping 45 - 55hz.

Gold Member

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2095
i have the spl meter and i have hit 147.4db @ 48hz, the same frequency or close to the freq u burped at. i think that this meter is a great meter....its VERY consistent and seems to work well on really all frequencies...its also really sensitive to a small change in SPL...

Quote*** i did not test it at lower or higher SPL though***

instead of higher or lower spl testing you should try testing at different frequencies. see how they compare burping 45 - 55hz.

Gold Member

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2096
i have heard before too that the splmeter 150db one is supposed to be made for matching the TL as closely as possible for relatively cheap..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us