Box carpet and glue

Bronze Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 28
Hey whats up I just took the carpet off my box I want to know if it matters what kind of matierial you use or not because I want to go 2 a local fabric store and pic out something different and what type of glue should I use?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1750
I used spray on adhesive... its like a spray can of glue... works good and easy to apply.. just a little messy if you over spray.. but sticks good

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D... Wangin? ...T...

Post Number: 387
Yea, I use thin outdoor carpet, about $.47 a SqFt. And yea spray adhesive at about $5 a can works.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
What kind of spray adhesive is this and where do you get it from I don't wana use out door carpet I wana use some fabric with a pattern on it is that going to effect sound quality at all prolly not since supposedly L7's have none lol.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 709
i use 3M spray on my boxes, just make sure u dont get any creases in it, it dries in 5 seconds.

and you can get fabrics at hobbylobby / mardels /any craftstore. You may not have heard of those but yea basicaly any fabric store has fabric...duhhhhhh

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3994
"pattern on it is that going to effect sound quality at all "

the pattern on your fabric will affect sound quality extremely... for example. for an SQ application get a fabric with like clouds and meadows.... for SPL get somethign with like skulls or some sh!t.

sorry i had to have a little fun lol. what you cover your box with will not affect the sound quality. i use 3M spray adhesive btw.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2176
Yea, This box picked up like 50 dbs with the cover.

Upload

lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I meant will the type of fabric change the SQ

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4001
we know we were just having fun. the fabric will not affect the SQ. choose as you please.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1753
you wont be able to hear a difference unless the fabric is taking up a load of space in a port hole... :-? lol i dunno ... but even in SPL it will only be a meter noticed difference.. you wont hear it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us