Sub wiring question/any difference

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 105
Right now I was (2) Dual 4 Kicker CVXs and (2) Dual 4 Treo TSXs - All 12" - Runnin' off a KX1200.1 @ 0.5 ( All speakers wired down to 2ohm ).... If I was to re-wire them all to 8ohm:

1) Would I lose power?
AND
2) Would I bump alittle harder? ( doubt it, considerin' i'll be @ 2 instead of .5 )

I had them in a 4 12" box SEALED. All are firin' towards the trunk. The outer chambers ( Treos ) are about 1.3-5cu... and the inside chambers ( CVXs ) are about 1.5-8cu.... HELL they might be the same, I DON'T KNOW! soo...

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 182
ya youd lose lots of power.that amp is 1200 watts at 1ohm.youre doin .5 ohms prolly pushin it to 2000 plus.look at the specs it says at 2 ohms you get 600 watts.so youd lose about 1/3 of the power youre gettin now.but after readin this thread earlier today,I went out and wired my kx600.1 down to 1ohm.its 2 ohm stable.i figured if yours ran at .5 mine would at 1ohm.it was unbelievably loud!never blew a fuse but the volt meter on the dash was goin down with the beats.i was pushin about 1200 watts from it.wow,gotta love thos kx amps.changed it back to original set up until i upgrade some electical.youde save on battery and alternator power wiring to 2 ohms insted of .5 and not bump near as hard.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1771
Keep it at .5ohm... otherwise those amps aren't really worth using (cost wise)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us