Paypal

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4105
i just finally finished signing up for paypal and i have a question

i dont have an online account with my bank so i choose to have paypal send me money under a dollar and send it back to them to confirm my account...did anyone else do this? and how long did it take for you to receive your money from them to send it back?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4591
Takes bout 3 days.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4107
thanks bud

also, for paypal, the money i have on paypal is also on my debit card? or is the money i have on paypal not on my debit card anymore?

ex, if i put $100 on my paypal account, do i have that 100 on my debit card as well?

i dont quite understand paypal...obviously

i deleted my account cause i didnt understand and i got confused...i mite make a new one tho later lol

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4320
Once you transfer the $$, it's no longer available from the original source. It is a secure transaction because the money is verified to be there. Kinda like Western union. You can even earn interest on your Paypal account balance.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4108
damnn...maybe ill go back and make it again and put a few bucks on it...

i need one for when/if i sell stuff...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4322
I have some $$ in mine just sitting there. It's kinda like having a loaded gun waiting to be fired. I see Paypal $$ as a tease to buy something. Anything.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4020
screw paypal the limited my account i was doing everyhting good and they though i was scamming other dude i sold my xbox i shipped the xbox and theylimited my account now i will nto have the money fo the xbox till 6 months fock em dont do busines with paypal

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1310
yea, when you suck at life stuff like that happens :-)jk

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1640
you can just put your debit card on there and use that for your transactions... you don't have to have money on the account

Gold Member

Post Number: 4337
^^^Mr Kebo.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2485
Sh!t I just got jacked so make sure your e-bay password is complex! Somehow there was an internal leak and all of a sudden I have 1200 Euros missing off of a CC of mine, automatic fraud protections kicks in. I get a call and they ask me if I made the transaction, qickly yelled FCK NO!! CC company said we have to wait till the transaction goes through and we'll protest it, I was like well that is stupid, you didn't give the person the money but you can't stop the transaction? Well send me the papers but in the mean time I will try something on my end. Well I logged into my paypal account, files a complaint, deleted all my CC's and bank accounts and changed my passcode. I then contacted the person who received the money with a subject heading saying "YOUR FCKED"!!! found out it was Italy so I cog on the translater someone posted a while back and explained to him what is going on and he will be prosecuted if he didn't return the money. He quickly explained to me that someone bought his computer off of e-bay and paid in two transactions, mine being the second. Within hours I had all the money back in my PP account, got lucky for sure! My recommendations are 1.) Use a CC with a low limit 2.) Use a bank account with limited funding, if any. 3.) If someone rips you off feel free to threaten them. BTW I still use PP regardless of what happened... Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4147
thanks polo...thats a good story...i only plan to use paypal for a couple weeks while i sell stuff...

also, if i put no money on it, i can still receive money correct? and when i get all the money i want, can i just delete my account and assume the money is in the bank?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4148
bump

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 765
Hold on there Yanks, you don't need an "online account" with your bank to link your checking account to paypal. If I remember correctly, you just need the account # and routing #. Both are on your checks.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4152
yea you have 2 options to verify...one is to give your online account name of your bank or they give you money under a dollar and you have to give it back...

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 479
I use a check card on a seperate account and only throw money in there if I am going to order something.
Also, there are alot of emails going out saying things like "a new email address was recently added to your paypal account. If you disagree with this addition, please log in to your paypal account and...". You log in to their fake server and whatever cash you have in your account is bye bye.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4371
This sh1t is making me nervous.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4153
damnn...keep paypal or delete it?

this is making me nervous as well...i dont wanna lose the money i have in my bank...ill be pissed...

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 481
I haved used Paypal for tens of thousands of dollars. I only had one minor issue, and that was resolved through PP.

Just like anything else in life involving money, if you are smart and take precautions and always stay on the defensive, everything should be ok.

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 767
It was a long time ago when I registerd with paypal, but it went like this:

1. I entered bank account # and routing #.

2. They sent me 2 small deposits under $1.

3. I went back to their site and entered how much those two amounts were.

4. Done

I suppose they could have changed things since then.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4373
Last thing I need is for my mortgage to bounce because some douch/geek hacked my account through PP. I'll hold with it though.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4155
alrite then ill keep it...

and MS, thats how it went but step 2 let me choose between my online bank account name or the deposit thing, i choose the deposit one...

also, if i put no money on it, i can still receive money correct? and when i get all the money i want, can i just delete my account and assume the money is in the bank?

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 769
Yes you can always receive money.

And if you linked your paypal account to your bank account you should be able to transfer the money as soon as you get it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4158
awesome...thanks bud

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2493
Ya I have used PayPal for approx $268,356.38 to pay/receive either for on-line sales, purchases or sending payroll (company owner). I have only had one bad dealing which was recently and was resolved within 1 day, faster than what the CC and paypal could have done, lol. Just keep the account, no need to delete it just keep a low limit cc on file for purchases and bank account verification. Your bank account has a lot of insurance on it and once it has been wrongfully drafted it can be reversed very quickly! What I would do when I would be sent LARGE sums of money is transfer it from one bank account to my savings electronically, instantly severing the ties with PayPal, never failed... I love PayPal and have always defended them, just change your password periodically... Polo. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us