D6 vs AA Assassin vs Arsenal

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 163
Hey guys,
I currently have an AA Assassin in a downfire. I have been unable to find a second one. However I recently found someone who may be willing to sell me one.

I like the SQ, although it lacks down low a bit.

I want to know how these woofers compare

Diamond D6, AA Arsenal, AA Assassin.

Amp will be a diamond D5 1200.1 1200x1@1 ohm or Hifonics Zeuse 600x1@4ohms 300x2@2 ohms (not 2 ohm stable when bridged)

I can get a deal on the brand new Diamonds right now, but nothing is cheaper than getting a second Assassin. Looking at $70 vs about $340 for 2 D6's

Other suggestions welcome as well. But subs needs to meet these req's

5.75 inch or less mounting depth, works well in ~.7-.75 cuft (or less)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9399
I would hold off and wait for the new AA line to come out soon. Also look at 1 FI Q.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4300
D@mn I want an 18" avalanche to try out. I just can't wait.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Well not much is changing on the Assassin from my nderstanding it will have new voice coil options and cast basket. But I'd ratehr have cheaper than a fancy basket I'll never see.

The arsenals will have tripple stack magnets which I'm interpreting as increased mounting depth, so they probably won't fit in my truck.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of point in waiting for new AA, and who knows when they will be back...I waited for kodas (that were supposed to come out next month for 2 years! then decided not to get them anyways...)

Fi Q will not fit, as I said 5.75 inch mounting depth an .75 cuft....

so are Diamopnd D6's going to blow my assassins away in output and still retain high SQ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Anyone know how doo the SQ is from these subs I need to know ASAP.

Thanks,

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2948
just get a 2nd assassin, cheaper, will work better, and 2 of them should hit the lows pretty good. search around forums in the for sale sections, im sure some1 will have one for sale.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3628
i would have sold you an assassin last week!

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
The Assassin will work better than the D6? In terms of output or SQ? I find my assassin starts to bottom out just as it really starts to hit...

I guess I was searching the wrong forum for the past couple weeks. So far I have come up empty handed.

Ideal for me would be to get 2 Arsenals I think, before they make the tripple stack magnet which probably will not fit in my box....

Woulden't the D6 be more comparable to the arsenal than the Assassin? I'm looking for a bit more output than the assassin while still retianing SQ in a sealed enclosure.

I can get a deal on D6's now and be done with the system for a while. BUt I have not heard a strong argument for or against them vs AA stuff......

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
SO what is better an Assassin or a D6 in terms of SQ and SPL in a small .75 cuft box. Is this question really hard or something I need to know asap so I can finish my system.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3955
I would think a D6 will outperform a assassin, but not 2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Thanks!!! I will get the deal on the two D6's before they are gone!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3960
was size ever mentioned? lol .75 is really small.... are we talking about 10s?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
They are 10"'s Diamond recommends .63 cuft I beleive. Assassin and Arsenal Recommend .75 cuft.

I think either would work fine.

Since I'm getting 2 and will have a Diamond 1200.1 (also on it's way) to run them I can go with either configuration. I went with the dual 4 ohm coils simply because diamond lists that they will have slightly more excursion. Is this correct?

There were 2 places on ebay selling them, for some reason I missed the cheaper one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-Audio-D6-D610D4-or-D2-10-DVC-Sub-Woofer-NIB_W0QQitem Z130080860737QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

But this one says they are new from 07 (don't know that there is any difference) they list a different RMS rating... Neither of which is what diamond lists (500 watts RMS) But at least there is a 90 day warranty and offered shipping insurance... It was not that much more either in the end...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-07-DIAMOND-AUDIO-D6-10-SUBWOOFER-DUAL-4-OHM-TDX_W0QQitem Z220087718689QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3291QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3970
okay i was just making sure they werent 12s. as far as the year on the subs idk.... and you need to choose the coil configuration by what load the amp can run stable. i am unaware that diamond makes a 1200w amplifier... what is it stable at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
I bought the D5 model which I read the design was by Robert Zeff. The new model is the D6 1500.1 The one I have is a 1200.1 which I believe was rated at @ 12 volts and heard they typicaly put out closer to 1400 watts at 14.4v (but I the seller did not have the birthsheets)

Won it over the weekend for $200.

Amp is 1200x1 @ 1 ohm, I can run either configuration at a 1 ohm load since there will be two subs.

I can wire a dual 4 ohm sub in parallel making it 2 ohms, then run the two subs in parallel making them one ohm.

For some reason I was thinking I could wire 2 ohm subs to 1 ohm (indivudualy I guess I could but not in a pair)...oh well that answers that question...

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
I'm currently trying to cancel my order.... Boy am I pissed.

Diamond Has a Mounting Depth Error on their wesite. It says the 10's are 5.6" deep when it is actualy 6.25" So now I have $350 worth of subs on the way that I may as well throw in the garbage! more money wasted. Just updating my thread so if someone searches they will find this mistake and not fall for it like I did.

So now the search continues for a sub that will have decent output and still fit in my truck. Looks like I won't need that 1200 watt amp I ordered either....

I'm really pissed right now... Now I have my Eyes on some CDT subs. But it will be months before I can afford anything.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 424
So the D6's are 6.25" deep and not 5.6" deep? Good to know...I am thinking about replacing my (2) 10" D3's with (2) 10" D6's...I can go 7" deep but was going to have the box altered to 6.25" deep (because the airspace is too big at 7" deep)...guess I'll only have it altered to 6.5" deep now.

Justin...The D3's sound really good and they will handle 500rms easily (and they are 5.6" deep because they fit in my current box which is 6" deep)

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 425
If you can't cancel your order and would like some D3's...maybe we can work out a trade + some $$ and we'll both get what we want?

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 426
Just email Diamond to find out the depth issue....also noticed that it says the 12" D6's have a mounting depth of 6.2"...you sure you were given the proper depth on the 10's? And not that the place you ordered them from measured a 12"

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
yea I'm sure it was from 2 other owners with the same truck "Nissan Titan" On of them had ordered them and they have been sitting in the garage. Right after he ordered another member pointed out the mistake. I had missed this thread on the truck forum a while back...I spoke with diamond and they told me "Sorry Bud" some of our data is incorrect...

The seller refunded my money except for the shipping fee which was $56, hew called UPS to get them back so they will never even see my doorstep. I just spent $56 on NOTHING. Just money charged to my credit card for NOTHING and now I have a balance in paypal...

I'm $56 Poorer because of Diamonds Screw up. I'll bet the 12" is deeper than 6.2 inches as well.......

I don't think I will be running the Diamond Amp I just purchased as well D5 1200.1 . Hopefully I won't take too much of a loss re-selling it. This simple mistake on diamonds behalf is costing me a small fortune.

I'm seriously pissed and thinking to take them to small claims court and file with the BBB. I left a message on someones answering machine o see if they would pickup my shipping bill. They have one chance to rectify themselves for their mistakes to change my opinion of them.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 429
I'm sure it will cost you more than the $56 to go to small claims court....sorry you got screwed on this but I think it's best to put a bandaid on the wound and just walk away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us