How to wire quad voice coil?

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 54
i have an 18" eclipse titanium pro i just purchased, i think its quad voice coil because there is 4 sets of terminals all the way aroundthe sub, i want to test this on my home amp, how do i wire this a diagram woul be great... thanks

Bronze Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 21
i think if you just wire it parallel it would work.. just like having two subs that each have 2 voice coils but im not too sure so dont take my word for it

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1683
Umm... QVC how many ohms each coil? What kind of load are you looking for? If its QVC4 ohm you can get.... 1ohm, 16ohm, 4ohm and i think thats it... QVC2ohm .5ohm 8ohm 2ohm....

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 57
ok lol this is driving me crazy, not that i cant find out how to wire it but i cant find any info on the net about it only on one website woofersetc and thats it, can you guys try to help me find a page where it has a bit of info on it? i believe the model is sw9182pro, its an 18" eclipse titanium pro, i cant even find it on eclipses website, anyways it would be great if you could find a page on it or anything about it, thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 24
wire it like 2 dvc subs. its not hard, man. what ohm are the coils, what ohm load do you need?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1685
SW9182 Pro 18inch Subwoofer (1ohm x 4)

Wire it all in series for 4ohm, its the highest load you can get with the sub (u said you wanted to test it on home audio amp) most ask for 8ohm i think but thats the best you can get with the sub. Just make sure when you wire it to an amp... you wire it to the right load... your choices are, .25ohm 1ohm, and 4ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us