Im upset

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3997
well my friend today got his sub and amp installed...10"type r, some sony amp, and a sealed box...not too bad for under 200...it sounded kinda nice, obviosuly not the best but hes happy so thats what matters...

now why am i pissed? cause ive had my sh1t since oct and havent heard it, hes had his for 3 weeks and its in...damnn my car to hell lol

just wanted to rant about it...im kinda upset lol

not to mention that ive tried to post this 3 times and it has yet to post lol

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4191
Remind me Yanks. Why is your stuff sitting?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2082
jeez^^^ i like both ur guys post count and ur register dates. lmao

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3998
where to start paul...lol

lets see, we bought the car with about 10-12,000 miles on it and it seemed to work like a charm. Then i was driving and started to hear a whistle coming from the sunroof. No ordinary whistle, a whistle that souded like a freight train was moving through my car lol. So we take it to the toyota dealership to get it checked out and they say they cant fix it because it was in an accident. We say "bullsh1t". They look around and determine it was indeed in an accident and its kinda apparent becaue you can see the paint lines, the bumper doesnt line up pefectly, and the wheel well was kinda messed up. Nothing huge, but noticeable if you study it. So we take it to another dealership and they say the same thing. And now we just got new brakes put on it after 24000 total miles on it which is pretty low imo. So me and my dad have sat down many a time to discuss it but my dad hates talking about it and we get nowhere. We are sitting down tonite to talk about the new car/keeping this car. Im real ticked off about the whole thing.

hope this cleared it up...sorry about the novel lol

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4192
That blows. Sorry for the short retort.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 710
You didn't notice that when you bought the car?

Oh well, next time, to quote the company's slogan:

"Don't buy a used car without Carfax"

http://www.carfax.com/

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4000
nah the sunroof didnt start whislting until about 4 months ago...the "damage" isnt noticeable until you look very closely at it...and the carfax, my dad got one i think but evidently it was reported i guess, i dunno...
live and learn i guess

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 413
yanks give me your vin and ill check for you to see if it was in an accident:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
never mind seems like you got one already lol but i was gonna use autocheck.com sometimes it shows stuff that carfax doesnt.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1301
not all accidents are on carfax. If it wasn't a bad wreck, or even if it was, if it was done by a cheap shop or an individual most likely it wont b on carfax.

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
You cant drive the car because of a whistle in the sunroof? thats lame lol. I would still use it you wont be able to hear the whistle with the bass anyway lol.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 711
Jordan, caxfax gets the info from the state DMVs. So in order for it not to be on there, the accident must not have been reported to the police.

And about that whistle, I would think a good shop would be able to fix that in no time. There aren't a whole lot of thing that can cause a sunroof to whistle.

Dealers suck, at least all the ones I've seen do. Not only are their prices a rip, but they pull the kind of sh!t like the one you mentioned.

What you really need is to find a really good independent shop, which can be quite hard. I know of only one where I live. My truck goes there on the rare occasion that it has a problem I can't diagnose myself.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4001
"You cant drive the car because of a whistle in the sunroof? thats lame lol. I would still use it you wont be able to hear the whistle with the bass anyway lol."

it sounds lame i know but its not the fact it whistles, its the fact that the dealership refuses to fix it for us...i didnt add this part in above cuase i forgot...but half the car is under warranty and half of it isnt, they wont tell us what is or isnt...so they can pick and choose what is and can screw us over in the long run...and my dad doesnt like knowing my car was in an accident

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 546
yanks just likes to complain :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4010
lol

yea i do like to complain...and this is just bothering the sh1t out of me lol

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 547
i no wut u mean... everytime the shop gets close to fixing my truck they find another porblem...this week its the cateletic converter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us