Memphis car audio

Silver Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 175
i just bought a memphis PR DVC 12 sub and a memphis 500.1 amp for my car. i nothing special but i'm low on cash and needed something.

how are they? i've got a friend who's got 2 15" memphis subs and they hit pretty hard. i payed 420 bucks for the amp,sub, and wiring kit. good deal?

and do bass blockers work? i would like some bass blockers if they work for my in-car speakers so that i can have the bass up until i can buy my apline deck that has the subwoofer level. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 707
Use a crossover. If your speakers are on an amp, it will have a crossover. If not, your HU should have one.

And yes Memphis is good quality equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 176
that's the problem. my speakers aren't hooked to an amp. i have a kenwood deck and it just has bass,treble,fade,balance.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 708
After you get a new HU and set your amp gain properly, you won't want to use bass boost because it makes your amp clip when you turn up the volume.

For now, I guess you could use the BB on your amp, but don't put more than 3 db on it or you risk clipping the amp.

If a system is designed right, no frequency should have to be boosted or cut more than 3 db. With an EQ, it is sometimes necessary to cut more than that, but you never want to boost more than 3db.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 351
yes there good

amps never get warm and push over rated power

subs good 2 my cousin has the pr 15's and prd500 amp and custom box, and its a great boom for the buck

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 4205
" just bought a memphis PR DVC 12 sub and a memphis 500.1 amp for my car. i nothing special but i'm low on cash and needed something.

how are they? i've got a friend who's got 2 15" memphis subs and they hit pretty hard. i payed 420 bucks for the amp,sub, and wiring kit. good deal? "
Josh

Ive had that same system in a sealed box. It got damn loud! then i use a memhps prd1k instead. it sounded like 15s, that was with a lil boost of course. but the prs 12s will take 500rms clean power..
:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us