Sub Opinions needed

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobuff

Post Number: 35
I bought a box that has two JL 12w0's in it, im looking to replace them with something that can take a bit more, will any of the subs in the $40 range @ www.etronics.com be able to take them? what brands would you recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 706
Your link does not work. What's your budget??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
thats really odd, thats the correct site, you need to copy and paste it in your browser

My budget is a max of $85 a wooofer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
BuuMp

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 415
comon man 85? atleast 150 dont be cheap in car audio it wont last long trust me i learned the hard way

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3990
$85 a peice for 2 subs?
or $170 for one?

how about an amp? how much?

how much is your total budget for sub/amp?

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 132
there are two 10" treo tsi subs on ebay right now for $50 new and shipping is only $18. they should sound pretty good sealed up. and i have a jl e4300 that should push them nicely

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 133
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT &viewitem=%26item%3D230097734098%26%26

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 116
$40 are you looking for tweeters??... subs do it right, even when you do it right, after a while you will get tired of that set up...Thats just car audio. If you want some quick bump at a fair price get kicker CVR..The starter subs.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 695
Whatever subs you get, don't just drop the in the box that the JLs are in. The box needs to be built to the specs of the sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Trust me i know, the box is 1.5 cubes, thats fine for most subs, i just looking for something that can bump and not break the bank, im not a car audio "geek" that blows $9287469283746892374234 on a system thats going to get jacked sometime anyways. Im sure that there would be NO difference that i could hear between an $80 sub and $160 sub, im just looking for the best sub in the $85 a piece price range

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 701
If it's a sealed box that will be ok if the volume is close to what the new subs need.

But never use a ported box that isn't specifically made for the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 121
Audioque SD not SD 2.5
Kicker CVR
They should work for you

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 522
"Im sure that there would be NO difference that i could hear between an $80 sub and $160 sub"

Are you serious ?

i would suggest the audioque sd2.5 (just 1)
http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
IM very serious, you wont

Thanks for the help!

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 1029

quote:

im not a car audio "geek" that blows $9287469283746892374234 on a system thats going to get jacked sometime anyways. Im sure that there would be NO difference that i could hear between an $80 sub and $160 sub

I wish we had sigs

If you cant hear a difference then why change subs?????

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 709
Yeah that guy's a noob

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 523
The dude says he's not a car audio geek and his name is AuDiOBuFF

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 712
^^^^^^^

I had noticed that too but didn't say it

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 281
Why come online asking questions if you don't want to be told a difference in opinion? I have consistently switched my setup over the past six years, take it from the pros that are trying to tell you better, you will never be happy with the same setup forever. $40 is not nearly enough money for a good woofer.......Unless it's like five years old. Also your not a car audio Geek then why the screen name AUDIOBUFF? LMAO. Thanx for giving me and the guy's here at the firehouse a good laugh for the evening.

Silver Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 116
you can have my 2 kicker cvr's for $160 shipped xD

Bronze Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 22
audiobuff.. even tho im still a noob too ive found out that they definitly know what their talking about and there is no need to argue. but if you wanna waste your money and learn what they said in the first place the hard way then thats your choice. anyways how hard is it to wait a lil while and save an extra hundred or so dollars.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... I GOT KING K...

Post Number: 4006
phoenix gold octane r zrated will kill cvra, assasins for half the rpice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
plus dont you wanna bump when the ladies come around and ask you about your system.. you dont wanna try to show it off and have it be weak and bad sound quality do you... you might as well buy some decent speakers and not waste the room in your trunk with some sub that wont even work well

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3911
rob you have the octane r 12s or zr 12s? one of my friends is lookin for a cheap system n i was thinkin bout tellin him to get them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4007
yup i have them receiveing my box tomrrow :-)

and they shyt on the cvr easily on sq and spl

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3912
i asked you if you had the R or ZR which you did not answer lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4011
oh zr the r are crap trust me :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3913
okay lol... they seem almost identical but ...lol thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 4012
identical yes but on the motor nope

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Listen as*holes, I asked a question and what the hell did i get? A bunch of Fu*king morons that cant answer it, FYI im looking for subs that sound Decient that can handle more power than that JLS because my amp puts out more that they are rated.

If you jackoffs cant give a straight answer then dont post, and stop spamming my thread

Q your a f a g g o t, please go have g4y sex with all your fire fighter buddies, your useless, i have a passion for home audio, in that respect i am a geek, but not car audio so FO. Same to you Joe.

If anyone has anything useful to add i would appreciate it

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4003
thats a great way to encourage people to help you...lol

and i believe some people were trying to help you...gave you advice to save money, itll be worth it...but what do we know...

anyway, what amp do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
As*hole Of The Month Award Nominees

M.S.

Joe Blanford

Q

A winner will be chosen shortly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I didnt ask to be insulted and did nothing to provoke it.

I have an Alpine MRP-450

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3483
you should get these, they'd work perfect for you and they are absolutely amazing subs, regardless of what people say:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Jensen-12-Subwoofer-JPW124/sem/rpsm/oid/152583/ca tOid/-13093/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 453
I 2nd that! Good call Mike

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 352
^^^ lol

hey yall wat about some sony x-plods? jk lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
JENSON? DAMN THOSE LOOK HOT AS HELL, THANKS SO MUCH MIKE!! I THINK ILL GO BUY THOSE NICE A$S SUBS TONIGHT IF CIRCUIT CITY EVEN HAS THEM IN STOCK BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE BUY JENSON SUBS!!

Fu*k you too dike

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1969
"Listen as*holes, I asked a question and what the hell did i get? A bunch of Fu*king morons that cant answer it, FYI im looking for subs that sound Decient that can handle more power than that JLS because my amp puts out more that they are rated."

damn!!, they are answering your question. Just because you don't like the answer is no reason to be rude.

"Im sure that there would be NO difference that i could hear between an $80 sub and $160 sub, im just looking for the best sub in the $85 a piece price range"

wrong!! That would be like saying "Well, I might as well get a $20,000 car because I won't notice any difference between it and a $40,000 one"

remember, not just in car car audio, but in almost everything, it doesn't pay to go cheap.

btw, in case you think I am trying to be an a$$hole, i am not, I am just stating truths.
People on here will try to help you if possible, and many of them DO know what they are talking about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1970
oops...take out one of those cars...it should be car audio, not car car audio...duh

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 353
audiobuff u can get the sony x-plods really i bought 2 12's at walmart for i think 59.99 a piece and i got 1 sony 1000watt amp and they are a little louder than my old setup below.

2 solo-baric 12's

1 memphis prd1000.1

thats why im keepin my sony's now they are louder than they look

Gold Member

Post Number: 1971
nick, puleeze, if he knows anything about car auido, that won't do anything but egg him on...everyone knows Sony SUCKS

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3485
hahaha you fuc_king retard, you think you're going to get much help around here after the posts you made? go try another forum since we're just 'as*holes' and 'Fu*king morons'. and for $40 a sub what do you expect, a decent system?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1973
well, I tried, guess nobody here believes in second chances.....to bad Audiobuff

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4015
i believe in second chances wolfman...but i dont think audiobuff deserves one...thats my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3332
$85 a sub.. so $170 total.. look around for a pair of Assassin 12"s

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3486
exactly, audiof@g doesn't deserve any other chances. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUCK OFF AUDIOF@G AND GO TO ANOTHER FORUM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
hahahha

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 551
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^f@g

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
woah woah woah who you callin a fagg hahahaha are you back

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
no im on the cape in a hotel with nick and tommy

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3488
yeah, who you calling a f@g??

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
m0nkeyman692

hes in my grade

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3489
oh, o.k. then.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Whatever, who deleted my post, if your going to do that you better delete all the ones that were a flame against me to.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11658
honestly look into Mach5 audio..they make decent stuff for a nice price...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Thanks yeah right, they look good

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4024
no one here can delete posts...admin doesnt do anything on this forum...this forum just goes crazy sometimes and has a mind of its own

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11664
i was gonna use the mids....for a while until the new AA poly mids came out...they got here and 1 was damaged

hooked up one to a crossfire vr402..and it took all 125rms+ like a lil champ...and sounded damn good...im pretty sure all of there stuff should be decent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us