Amp overload

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 220
I have a phoenix gold r 15.0.1 amp and recently it has been overloading when my trunk lid is open( i have to turn my box side ways facing the inside of the side of the trunk so i can fit snowboards in my car instead of facing them into the cabbin). if the lid is just popped but not lifted then its fine but as soon as i lift the deck lid off of the latch the amp will overload(depending if its turned up or not). is this a common problem? The popping mechanism also gets very hot sometimes when i turn up my subs. By the way i have a 2000 chrysler 300m if that means anything. But basically all i want to know is how does popping my trunk reduce the ohms of my subd or create a short circuit? since according to my amp maunal thats what the overload light indicates.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 293
Where is the amp grounded to? Check for pinched wires. Remove speaker wires from amp and test to see if problem persists. If it doesn't than you know it has something to do with the speakers or the speaker wiring or wires. It it also possible there is something wrong with the subs but I doubt it in your case. If it does persist than try unhooking RCA's and test it again to see if problem persists. Recheck power wire, remote wire and ground if nothing changes since you said you moved the stuff around for your snowboards. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us