Fuse INSIDE of amp?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1292
I opened up my earthquake PHD5000d yesterday just to take a look at its insides.. nothing wrong with it or anything... but i was wondering what a 30A fuse would be doing inside of it? I know it cant be its power fuse since the amp is 3000rms@2ohm so thats already proof enough that that cant support it.. and if it could do that at 30Amps... this amp would cost alot more for the effiency.... Can this be for Imdependance protection? I was thinking... this amp is basically the same design as the pHD10000 but it is not linkable... it says its 2ohm stable... but they said it has protection so you cannot run it at 1ohm and that you can remove it at your own risk... running the amp at 1 ohm will pull more current, correct.... and the fuse is located right by the speaker OUTPUT terminals so i am guessing the power flows through it so if the speakers shorts.. the amp wont... does this sound right? And if i ran it at 1ohm and it died..and the fuse was popped... that would deffinetly be because to much power going threw it. right... so if i took the fuse out and ran a straight wire threw it so it is no longer a fuse(no protrection) it should pass more power, unless a 40A will do... if you dont understand what im saying ask.. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us