Bacon lettuce tomato subs

Bronze Member
Username: Crouchere

Post Number: 23
haha im just kidding (BTL). anyways to the point. if i had two 12" fi btl's the orion 2500 D could power both efficently with a 240 amp HO alternator right? and if i got the dual 1 ohm option they both will hook up to the amp, no crossovers or anything? im new with hooking up subs to a mono amp (going to buy sometime soon)also whats this cooling option and universal options you can add when you buy them off fiaudio?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10070
if you are gonna power 2 btl's with that amp, i'd get dual 2ohm subs and wire them down to .5ohm to the amp.

also you can use the crossover function on the amp. you gotta cross the subs low cause it sounds sloppy when you play high frequencies on those sub. keep it below 70hz and you got yourself a nice pair of subs that sounds loud and good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
oops i mean bl subs not btl, so just bacon and lettuce.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10074
i'd still get dual 2ohm and wire them down to .5ohm. you got the alt for it. having an extra battery would be good too.

btw that amp can easily handle .5ohms. besides, with the imp rise, that amp will see a little bit more than .5ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
so whats the cooling option they have on their website and all that other stuff? should i buy that too? or rip?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1273
Cooling options = better effientcy at higher power levels.. the more heat that is generated decreases the effiency, amd i think it allows the subs to handle more power for longer.. If your VC gets to hot it could burn the sub out.. so cooling is always a good option. But i wouldnt worry about cooling if you are giving the sub its RECOMMENDED RMS if you want to give it anything more, then cooling would be a good choice to add
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us