Wiring my SD2.5

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga AudioQue ... Usa

Post Number: 213
right now i have it wired to 4ohms on this piece of cr@p amp of mine. the amp is a Cyclone CA2098.. should i wire it to 2ohms and bridge it? im scared that i might be pushing it too hard if i bridge it cuz the amp says it does 2000 MAX so i figure that would be like 1200 rms? im prolly way wrong on that but if i kept the gain and bass boost down do u guys think it will be ok? right now i have the bass boost at +6dB and the gain all the way up.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5529
lmao hell no. Wire that b!tch at 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3034
NO! you cant run that amp bridged at two ohm. and i dont even know how you would wire you sub to two ohm if its at 4ohm now.

turn the BB off and turn the gain down. set it by ear maybe 1/2-3/4

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 250
rms and max are different. max=watts (dont measure by max or watts) measure by rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
so that means i should bridge it and put it on 2ohms? its beating hard as f@ck right now and i cant imagine with it bridged!

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
F@CK im a dumbass. i didnt mean bridge it... man i feel dumb.... i just looked up the sh!tty specs for the amp. nvm boys! i know what to do! sorry for being a DUMB@SS

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 262
Do what mat dope said. The gain should never be all the way up, you need to turn that down before your clip that sub to death.

Gold Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC VP of 15 Wan...

Post Number: 1015
Hey Matt Dope, you can run that sub at 2ohms! Matt, just take the two "+" wires and run them to the "+" on the amp, and do the same with the "-" wires! It'll give more power to the sub, even though you definitely need to get a better damn amp! lol And like everyone else says, keep the damn gains down dude!lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
BTW, is a DVC sub, so it's no way you can have it wired at 4 ohm! lol Only 2 and 8 ohms!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3043
thats what im saying trell he said he had it wired to 4ohm and i know they are DCV subs so there is no way if it was wired at 4 he could drop it down at two ohms. so i guess he had it at 8 or something. but if he runs that amp at 2ohms bridged it sounds like it will blow.

if i were him id get a new amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1018
Yea, he definitely needs to get a new one!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us