Help, box design

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1946
Can someone design me a box for two alpine type r 15's 04 models.

Heres the specs for the subs.

Sensitivity 89dB
Frequency Response 22 - 1k Hz
RMS Power Range (Watts) 200-500
Peak Power Handling (Watts) 1500
Top Mount Depth (inches) 8 3/4
Bottom Mount Depth (inches) 9 11/16
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 13 3/4
Vas (liters) 98
Fs (Hz) 24
Qts 0.48
Xmax (millimeters) 14.5

Sub up, port back would be nice, around 6cuft or so, tuned around 30-37hz. If this is to much to ask then forget about it. And if not, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9980
yeah its too much to ask berny. sorry. rofl.

just build a smaller version of the box you have right now.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1948
well alright..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9986
damn the forum is doing some crazy stuff tonight.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3782
if you have any trouble i'll design one for ya tomorrow but i need to be getting to bed i have school in the AM

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3787
bump, did you design one?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1960
nope. I don't have the program nor do I know how to work it. I would highly appreciate it if you helped me. Thanks a ton.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1264
is this for that setup for your nephew\cousin or w\e i think it was you that said somthing about that a while back.. 2 15' type r's...

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1969
the type R's are my subs. putting them in my brother in laws suburban. I just ordered a knukoncepts dist block and some ring terminals. installing the amps in this week. and have the R's in a prefab sealed box till I can build a new box for it. Common guys. someone help me. if its really that much time consuming then just say so.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3796
jus tell me max dimensions and i'll do it right now

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1978
44 width, 17in tall, and it can be like w/e depth. around 6cuft is cool tuned to 36hz or what is best. so yeah. doesn't have to be 44in width w/e you come up is fine. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1979
bump.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10100
ima run the specs through the bbp6 when i get home. i just started using that and it is fun. only thing bad is that you have to convert the inches to metric. damn.

around what frequecy do you want the box to peak at? what is the resonant frequency of the car the box is going in?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1980
wreck havoc is helping me right now. so trevor you don't have to. unless you already started....but yeah. thanks.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3799
i thought 7cuft would suit the subs better....
here is a 7 cubic foot 32hz box, large port.
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=44&Eh=17&Dia=9&Xmax=20&Vd= .17&NumW=2&Vb=7&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

36 hz
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=44&Eh=17&Dia=9&Xmax=21&Vd= .17&NumW=2&Vb=7&Fb=36&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Center port design. you would essentially just make 2 and combine them without on port/box wall. if oou inderstand what i'm saying...

32hz
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=22&Eh=17&Dia=9&Xmax=21&Vd= .17&NumW=1&Vb=3.5&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

36 hz
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=22&Eh=17&Dia=9&Xmax=21&Vd= .17&NumW=1&Vb=3.5&Fb=36&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

just thought I'd throw some ideas at ya even though chad and havoc are helpin ya. cant have too many choices 8). sorry couldnt help ya earlier i finally got my internet workin again.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3800
could prolly do a t-line too if you wanted to tune higher than Fs and use bass boost 3db at tuning. it would be a larger box though. let me know if your interested, its slightly harder to design lol well actually its easy, just more time consuming

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1983
thanks. I appreciate it. I dunno which one to choose now haha. I mean yours or wreck havoc's. so I'll see. thanks a ton.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3801
why dont you post up his design and see what others have to say. i mean i havent personally owned Rs so...

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1985
he didn't finish yet. so yeah, well see sup later today, he had to take care of some other business. so yeah, maybe ctmike can give me his input since he had r's before. My brother in laws install should be done this week. building the box on thursday all day. should be a simple box and not to hard. make it as easy as possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us