New DD box plans...PLZ help....look at this pic/plan

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 65
hey everybody im going to build a new box for a regular cab chevy truck (old box was for a car, 4 cubic feet tuned to 35 hz slot port...old and new will be 3/4 in thick MDF) and im putting the box in between two single seats, like where the console would be....i have space limitations though so this is giving me a little bit of a headache....i have about 17 inches for width between the two seats, 32 inches for length from four wheel drive shift knob to back of cab, and would like to stay around 20-22 inches for height, obviously subs will be mounted facing up toward the roof....i want it to be tuned to 38 hz this time and has to be about 3.5 cubic feet...i have box plans i made on this site... http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=18&Eh=22&Dia=6&Xmax=20&Vd= .12&NumW=2&Vb=3.5&Fb=38&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0 .....it is 18 inches wide though but i might be able to squeeze it in....is this a good box? does anyone know somethin better i could build?...Please help, suggestions, anything....thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
subs are 2 DD2512a's by the way....and how would it affect tuning if i made the box 1 inch longer and 17 inches wide instead of 18?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
bump

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4308
I would downfire them.

I did a single cvr 10" in a single cab dakota awhile back. Had the sub and port down fire (~2" from the floor)...it sounded great for 1 10".

Plus, you wont take the chance of a buddy jabbing his elbow thru a sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
yea maybe, i see what your saying, but i will have, instead of metal guards, two skinny strips of wood running over top each sub on an angle as a guard, also carpeted like the box...the way the box is on the site the subs will face up and the port will be blowing toward the four wheel drive shift knob on the floor

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
bump cmon people plz help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us