System Advice PLEASE

Username: Jct404

Post Number: 1
I purchased a 03 GMC crew cab with the factory Bose HU, two speakers, six speaker holes and tweeters in the pillors, the previous owner stripped everything. I have a CDA-7998 to replace the factory HU. I am leaning towards JL speakers to fill the door holes and JL amp(s)to push them. My question is would it be better to have a 4 channel running my doors and tweeters and a mono on the subs or a five channel (500/5)running everything. Also when I do this, with the front door having two speaker and the tweeter in the pillar on one side of the channel, what would be the best solution without burning something up. Take it easy on me I am a Newbie Veteran

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 206
what kind of music do you listen to and how big of a sub...I heard a kicker 5 channel amp and it was awesome considering they were eclipse speakers and a kicker L5, but I think with 2 JL comps, 2 Jl coaxs, and like a W3v3 it'll sound sweet.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 263
The Memphis Belle, would satisfy all your needs, depending on how much your interior speakers can handle, they have two different lines. I am in the process of getting the 16-MCH1300 Rated at 14.4v
5 Channel, with one channel dedicated to being rated a class D......1100w rms @ 1 ohm
The other four channel are rated @ 75w rms @ 4ohms

If that is too much power for you, the other one in this line has smaller power ratings available.

Also when you get a chance, post the subs(s) that you plan on running, as that would help a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us