This brand any good?

Username: Torn

Post Number: 4
i was wondering if ma audio amps are any good? because i was gonna purchase one here
http://cgi.ebay.com/MA-AUDIO-HK1000D-1000-WATT-RMS-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQit emZ270085516780QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if this is good or not what should i get to power 2 infinity kappa perfect 12.1 single voice coil subs to its potential?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4054
NO. They put their power at 17 volts (almost impossible).

Kappas are 400w rms or 600w rms??

if they're 600w rms each grab a jbl gto 1201.1

If they're 400w rms each grab an audiobahn a8000V

Only quitin thinks MA audio is good, but he's wrong

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 253
You must be obsessed with me or something Juliob. Their are other people on this forum that like the HK401SX as well as me. For the short time that I did have it, it served it's purpose well. Also all of their amps aren't rated at 17v.....But I guess you didn't notice that part. You have a lot to say for someone that runs LANZAR CRAP. I wouldn't buy LANZAR to put in ANYTHING. I don't know anything about that HK1000D TORN, but the HK401SX was pretty decent for the money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4060
http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/vibe1200d.html

If this is cr4p, then i'd buy a good rated cr4p instead of something rated at 17V.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 329
MA BLOWS!

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 61
1)Their amps are rated at 17 AND 14 volts.
2)MA > Audioburn watt for watt.
3) I've heard ONE person complain of a broken amp, on this forum, which I can no longer find because of the broad range of the search function.
I know several in person who use their products with no problems whatsoever.

4) See this thread:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/311619.html

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 332
I can honestly say I would run an Audiobahn amp before a MA. Now if you want a good budget 1000 rms amp, look at the Massive Audio P1000.1, they are $275 shipped right now.

Kevin

Username: Torn

Post Number: 5
hmm all suggestion been nice but the jbl amp, can they really be good? i had computer speakers of theirs they blew up -_-. I really want like a amp that puts out the 800 watts to 2 speakers kicker,jl or something like that but not over 350$ impossible? and are hifonic amps any good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4063
id' grab a JBL GTO 1201.1

Hifonics brutus line is decent, for the money you can't argue, but in this case, you have multiple options like the jbl i posted.

Jbl amps are good. And i agree with kevin, massive audio is good and very cheap too.

Silver Member
Username: Miles_hood

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 133
would it be better to run 2 L7's with a mtx 1501d or memphis 16st1000d??

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 256
LOL, they're definitely a lot more brands that are better than MA audio, that is for sure. But for someone witha lower budget, I would reccommend only the HK401SX because of my personal use with it. Didn't MAT already bring out the BS flag on you JULIOB? you probably haven't even had anything else aside from that Lanzar amp. You amaze me posting a thread where they talk about Lanzar in a magazine, hell, I have seen PYLE advertised and praised in magazines.........But I guess if it's in a magazine then it's a good brand?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4065
"Didn't MAT already bring out the BS flag on you JULIOB?"

Where's the BS flag. WTH are you talking about man. Forget about MA Audio. Their only good model is their "4000w rms at 17V".

BTW, the review is authentic, i haven't seen a good MA audio review. So STFU

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 261
The review is authientic, any dumma55 like you can write a review moron. So STFU^^^

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 259
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 42
sit down and enjoy it brad..better than p0rn

Gold Member

Post Number: 4067
well bro, you're a big piece of sh1t. I trust in a magazine review, but you don't. Well... what a problem. The article has a benchtest too, and the amp did 1000w rms at 12.5V

Ma audio can't do that for that price. STFU and learn something useful.

Oh right, let me put a capacitor on my 2500w rms system. Hey quintin, that's very clever, then you changed your mind when CTmike showed you the facts.

STFU and start reading.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3244
hahahaha, this looks like another thread that's going to get funny.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 264
How did I change my mind idiot? I never said anything about changing my setup on what I had. I understand that you think you know it all, but try to R E A D first. Did you drop out of like third grade grade or something? If so, then your stupidity would be overlooked..........

Gold Member

Post Number: 4077
R u sure? i'm not the one running 2500w rms on a stock alt. Your solution to that is a cap. That's very smart.

-Other example: hey tell me a good amp?

Q:-Hey buy MA audio which is rated at 17 volts.

Then, i'm the stupid. Bro check yourself.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 265
I recommended that for someone with a low budget......You keep talking about all their amps are rated at 17 volts, which I understand that you can't read, but they rate some of their amps actually at 14 volts. If also you can read, you would notice that I am running an Orion D5000 with two H2 12.4 woofers, and yes, I am running it almost completely stock......Anything else you would like to point out you ignorant.........I will keep that to myself. By the way, when you actually get a lil bit of money and try something like a JL 1000/1 and see that there is something better than LANZAR..........

Hey, by the way I am about to sell both of my Orion amps (HCCA D5000) and (HCCA D2400) I might be generous and let you LOOK at one of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4084
You own MA audio. c'mon man... Anyone who says MA audio is good, doesn't deserves respect. They all put their rated power at 17V. Who cares if i don't own a jl 1000/1. That doesn't mean i'm dumb or i don't know about car audio. But maybe you think buying an orion amp makes you smart. Well... STFU
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us