Amp/Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Shaftofair

Post Number: 19
After a lot of reading I've decided on and ordered this for a HU.

Now I've got to find an amp and a pair of speakers to match. I'm after sound quality and I've saved up for a while so budget shouldn't be a concern. Suggestions welcome!

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 190
Did you want just a front stage, or front and rear, and were you exclusive to 2 way comps or 3-way ? This will help alot in deciding. What kind of vehicle to you have ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Well, I'm after just a front sound stage with great sound quality and so I can afford a much better one. I drive a Chrysler 300. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 194
NICE ! Hmmmmm, there some nice brands out there. Maybe you have a preference, so Ill just list some good brands, from there, you can select a model.

ADS
Arc Audio
Boston Acoustic (pros)
Diamond Audio (Hex or higher)
CDT
Crystal
DLS
Dynaudio(any)
Focal
Infinity (Perfects)
Morel
Mb Quart (Q series, older prefferably)
Rainbow

For a starting point, you cant really go wrong with any of them providing you get the upper class components. There are some other brands that are very nice, but off the top of my head, this is what I got. Some of the above brands, you can get thier cheaper stuff and it will still sound phenominal. Take a peek at some of these brands and ask away. If not, recoomendations on model can be made.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
What do you guys think of Focal Utopia BE? Would you recommend the No. 7?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
!!

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 325
look for some a/d/s/ 320i/s and a pq20 amp to power them. i own that set up and it is unbelievable! loud as hell! Volume all the way up on my HU and NO distorting not even close! but make sure you go with older a/d/s/ new stuff isnt as good. stuff pops up on ebay often. but seriously check them out!

Username: Just2much2

Post Number: 4
whats up i just bought a new 07 cobalt i want to wire in my pioneer amp and my subs i know i need a power wire from the battery, a ground from a bolt, i dont know where the control wire on the stock radio is???? can anyone help me please???? just2much2@hotmail.com thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Now don't forget I said I was looking for sound quality, not quantity, so I ordered a set of Utopia Be No. 7 from our local store which I'll pick up tomorrow. Now I need an amp, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 326
a/d/s/ pq20, and a/d/s/ is very sound quality oriented. Nice on the focal, but trust me with the a/d/s/ amp about $200 on ebay and you will not regret it!

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=030716

check it out...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1847
zapco amps cant be beat for pure SQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
How about this amp in bi-amp mode?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Well, I went on and ordered it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 235
So lemme get this straight....so far you have that P7800 DVD deck, the Utopia's and you just bought that C2K-4.0X?

That is one serious front end.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1850
Way to go Sam. Very nice choices.

Silver Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 112
That is a hella of a setup and nice car

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I'm sorry I didn't think to come here but I sent it back and ordered two of these (to be bridged (wanted more power and better power as well).

Was this a good choice? I realize I'm only getting the in-house warranty of WoofersEtc so that's fine. Do you think it'll sound any better? I think the Watt Meters are Cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us