Gotta love ash hole tech support lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3558
Okay so i have the alpine d900 installed but to get to bass engine or Mx you have to be in video mode and unfortunetly its not as easy as grounding out the parking brake wire. you have to press foot brake, engage park brake, disengage park brake, engage park brake, and let off foot brake. soooo i hooked the foot brake wire up to the acc wire through a momentary switch and the park brake wire up to a toggle switch which was grounded. i would hold down the momentary switch, flip the toggle switch up, down, up, let go of the push button and wah-la! nothign happened. so i called alpine tech. the guy was like that cant be done. I'm like yes it can the foot brake is just an ordinary power wire and the park brake is just a ground. the HU cannot tell the difference. he's like yes it can i get 10 calls a day about this and it cant be done. i was like sir, i know it can be are you going to try to help me or not? he said it cant be so i said have a nice day, click. well i figured out i needed to do just what i was doing but wire it to the screen too (i just wired it to the brain) and it works like a charm now. i knew it could be done. i wish he was there to see it lol. but they arent all bad. i called one day before about the TV tuner and the guy was very helpful and respectful.

if this is too long so you dont feel like reading it....sorry lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9545
huh? lol.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3572
do you not understand the as$hole part or how i tricked the HU? lol

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3231
lol wtf...have to go through hell for one function? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 9549
i am just messing around. lol.

but you are not supposed to do that so the alpine tech wouldn't help you.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3573
i would have loved to hear "I'm sorry sir but it's company policy that we can't talk about that" he tried to tell me it cant be done.

n wreak havoc....its either that or no tuning, no watching videos, blahblah lol

you'll understand when you install a flipscreen. its not like a reg HU that takes 20 minutes. to uninstall my old one and install my new one took my about 9-10 hours. (car had to be disasembled to hide brain) oh and instead of connecting a few 20 awg wires. try running like 20 of those and a few 6awg thick wires through your dash. my last one had multiple 4 awg size wires. that one took me about 15 hours to install.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4075
yea...they will just tell you it cant be done...they are trying to cover their @$$ from getting sued.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3232
hell far man.
il just stick with my cd/mp3 players lmao.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3576
he also said he's never heard of a video bypass module lol. they're all over ebay. oh well its the past and i got done what i wanted to get done. it sounds good but not AS good as when i had an EQ (less extra noise though).... maybe I'll have to get one. i was suprised there was no mid tuning option. just bass and treble.... oh and get this... you can choose if you want 0 degree phase or 180 degree phase on the subwoofer. and the 180 sounds better and louder.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3266
u want me to tell you how to bypass alpine brake chyt??? look my video how did i bypasses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsi2no0xBU

seee the switches??? well one stich its conected to ground so the foot brake will see ground then the hand brake will see 12 volts and then u bypass it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9550
i don't know why alpine isn't simple like the pioneers.

all i had to do was connet the e-brake wire to a 12v source with a toggle switch in between.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3578
i did it already but thanks mr rob. what screen is that a CVA?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us