Can i do this? run a 4awg and 0awg power or they have to be same size?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3550
hey guys. i was wondering, can i have a 4gauge and a 0 gauge power wire run back, the 4 straight to the 100.4 and the 0 ran to the kinetik and then the 1500D? or will the power just want to take the easiest path (0awg) and it wont be efficient? if not I'm just going to run one 0awg then i think. i dont want to buy more and i think it could hold 2500w rms with a kinetik monster. but if the 4awg i already have run will help then I'll leave it there. thanks in advance! if you can reply quick that'd be great so i can do it now

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 4120
leave the 4ga, and run a new run of 0ga in addition...

more paths of current flow the better!

if u use the 4ga to power your highs amp, just run it straight to the amp and avoid use a distribution block...

that way

the 0ga can go to the bigger amp...

that way each amp got power from their own wires...

2 lanes on traffic is better than 1 lane in traffic... (how current thinks)

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9534
i'd leave both on there too.

B remember you told me you saw an install where it started out as 0 guage then to 8 gauge then to 4 gauge?

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 4121
yea, lmao
the most sickest thing ive seen... lol

started off at 0ga up front, and in the back near the amps, it ended up 8ga or 10ga... when we pulled the entire thing, it was like 3-4 different wires strung together!! lol

should have had my camera...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3555
oh man i have some 8 awg i'm gonna do that then! oh and i think i have some 20 awg too. damn this is gonna be awesome...

but really, lol, thanks for the help guys. i thought 2 runs would be better but i didnt knwo if it would think as which wire should i choose and neglect the other wire lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us