Audio Gods Agaisnt Me.. Disaster Strikes

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2761
Well everytime I am about to work on my system something bad happens.. never fails.

Today I was drawing up a template to see what would fit in my trunk.. well I grabbed a smaller piece of wood to use as a straight edge and on top of it there was a small cutout for a 6.5" out of 1/2MDF.

Well it happens to fall off and land right on the cone of my SX 15".. I saw it and could not stop it, then I heard SLAP! I was like aw nah!

I looked around where it landed, checked the surround and everything else, it was fine. Then I look where it hit, yep, theres damage. The damn thing put a split in the dust cap, which one an SX looks like the whole cone.

So now I have to repair the 2" split in the dustcap and hope it don't look horrible. At least that is all that happened. And since it is all cosmetic I can live with it.. just pisses me off that stuff like this always happens to me when I want to change something.

On another note, the box I had designed will not fit so I have to re-design and just wing it.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 133
$h!t...sorry to hear that man!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2762
Eh, life goes on.. I'll fix it and just enjoy some slamming beats.. Although I might build the new enclosure to where I can invert the subs.. won't have to worry about seeing any flaws.. plus I'll gain box volume

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9520
ask scott for a recone kit.

sorry to hear that man. damn. becareful kev.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2839
just buy a new dust cap

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 4114
slow down dude...
lol :-)

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 353
Damn Kev..sry to hear that

Bronze Member
Username: Nathanscott

San Antonio, TX United States

Post Number: 29
Sorry to hear that!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2766
I was going slow hehe.. I guess thats what happens when I come home from a night of work to start more work on a box...

Its not too bad.. I mean it is but it is just the cap.. I'ma super glue the bish hehe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us