For Box Pros

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 545
When building a box...

If a 15 inch sub says it needs 4 cubic feet of internal volume does that include the port?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10460
i dont think so

it Usually means 4cubes even after sub/port displacement is calculated .......}

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 546
Because if you look on this website http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/~pete/car_audio/index.html he doesnt seem to give his enclosures much air volume for the sub only...As you can see in his pictures the sub chamber looks like it has way less than needed space and the rest of the box is port area, but when you go a mathmatical guess it comes out to how much internal air volume a sub needs...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4727
Well, in all the boxes i built it was after sub and port displacment.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3538
if your talking about his rear loading horn boxes it's suposed to be that way. he build some insane boxes. I'm so jelous of his ava and XXX setups. He designed my box for my Mags.... i cant wait to hear it 8)

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1414
I agree with Rovin.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3543
well yes, so do i, but the rear loading horn enclosures are entirely different. all his T line boxes look like they have enough space though.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1418
Rovins keyword was usually :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3544
i know i know lol. but i was trying to make sure he wasnt getting confused with rear horns and regular ported boxes. they arent the same thing (as i know you know) but i didnt know if he knew lol.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 547
whats better for SPL a normal ported box or a horn loaded enclosure?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3545
a really good horn is the perfect SQL enclosure IMO. pete at TTB hits 158 i think with his SQL setup with 2 15s in rear loading horns. you can see his hair trick videos on his site.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3546
but i think the 9917z setup that did a 179.x was an 8th order bandpass.... not sure though

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 148
dang...would yall say TCAB or TTB boxes? both look real nice but i dont know much about boxes

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3548
i havent looked into TCAB nearly as much, but i think pete is a VERY good box builder not only in quality but he calculates EVERYTHING. he makes a box that finds the perfect meet were your sub and car sound best. he calculates the best option for the sub, the best option for your car, and puts them together. he's always testing new designs and stuff. like his box for a 6.5 inch woofer on 75 watts a guy thought was a 12 on 400 watts. or his 3 inch woofer that actually made the trunk vibrate. pretty cool stuff lol.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 150
haha tight...ya the box designs he has on the website look perty badazz and complicated...i have just heard more about TCAB stuff and just heard about TTB today on this forum lol...and they look awsome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us