OT . how hard?

Bronze Member
Username: Fatkid

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 86
how hard is it to install a remote start.would i be better off having someone install it for me . it would be going in a 1984 lincoln towncar

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 331
do it urself and learn
my cuz is 18 and doenst carry too much knowledge in the electrical field and he installed one in his accord....took some time but he did
its better if u do it urself cause dats how u learn :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 181
It's a PITA job, but you can do it if you have enough time. You need to get to the ignition harness wires, which are usually on top of the steering column. On some cars you have to disassemble almost the entire drivers side dash to get to them.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 914
yeah I took it to professionals to do my viper and it took them 2 full days to do alarm, remote start and some extra mods on the alarm. hard work but if you got time and know your sh1t, go for it

Bronze Member
Username: Notoriousroc1

Post Number: 21
grab some friends that can read and interpret diagrams and splice wires and go for it

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1769
What kind of factory security do you have? Pas 1 Early 80's may not even had it yet. Is there a small bump on the key? You will have to find that circuit and put a equivalant resister in line with the remote. They can be done if it has good directions and you have your car wiring diagram. Then get out the DMM and confirm each wire. Setting up the relays for headlights.. Its a lot of work. I just had one done for $180. Starter included. Money well spent.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us