OT : Daily or comp. SPL scores

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1062
I think understand how this goes but just to be sure i wanted to ask. For Daily SPL scores that would be done using test tones on your DAILY WIRING and COMP would be for test tones on like your comp wiring.. maybe down to like .5 ohm or so.. is this correct?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4040
So, are you asking this:

"should i wire my amp to 2ohm daily and .5ohm for comps?"

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1063
naw, im asking how do you get your COMP score and your Daily SPL score? My thought always was......................................

Like would the daily score be whatever you can hit at your normal daily setup, like for example how i run my stuff at 2ohm. Then the COMP score be what the max you can get out of your equiptment, wiring it down as much as possible to get as much power\SPL as you can?

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 783
u get ur comp score by regular wiring, im not sure i understand? daily is daily box if ur using the same box for comp then its comp the wiring dont change, unless u wanna burp on an amp that will can handle .5 thats all up to u and the amp other then that its ur daily box or comp box or interchangable box. as of amp wiring down to .5 u gotta make sure ur amp is ok with that but yeah on a decent amp wiring it low would be better for a burp at a comp

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4042
What ever you run daily...just get on the Termlab and run a sweep to see your peak SPL. Do the same w/ whatever you do for comps.

EX:
I have like 4 boxes that i swap in and out of my truck. The one that is in it now is 5.5cuft tuned to 31hz w/ a port that alil too small (lil port noise). I can do 143-44 @ 30hz w/ this box. But w/ my SPL box (4.75cuft tuned to ~46hz) I do 149.8 ~49hz.

I run my amp at .35ohm all the time though. :-)

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1065
forgot to mention any port or box change but thanx i got it now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us