Think my wiring is correct, but subs don't work.

Anonymous

So I had this system (1 amp, 2 subs) in my old car, with the same head, and it worked fine, now I can't get the amp to turn on. If I remember correctly the power LED is burned out anyway so that won't help me, but I've checked the wiring (including the remote wire) and all fuses and everything seems to check out (short of taking a multimeter to it to check current). Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 127
make sure the ground is on bare metal. sand down the spot where you put it.

Anonymous

Well the ground is attached between a bolt and washer inside my trunk,not anything with paint or rust on it.

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 29
try a different bolt..

sometimes there's always a bolt that doesnt want to work even though it seems and looks metal enough..

Anonymous

will do, not till tomorrow though :-P
Hopefully that's the cause, I didn't know just having the amp not grounded right could cause it to not turn on.

Anonymous

will do, not till tomorrow though :-P
Hopefully that's the cause, I didn't know just having the amp not grounded right could cause it to not turn on.

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 128
ground it directly to the frame of the car. usually theres a spot at the bottom of a seat, where it mounts to the frame. just look around, many different places to mount it, just try a couple spots and sand if you have to.

Anonymous

you would know if it wasnt ground right because 12 volts and no ground would fry the wire and turn it into a instant weld so to say,not on personal experience but i know a guy thats a mechanic and thats what he said so it might not be the ground of if it is your wires might be bad i dont know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us