Fiberglass'n

Anonymous

Hey if i was looking to make a box oout of fiberglass and all, and i would go with 3 subs in it and wanted to like curve down to the nexxt sub and all how would i go about doing that.....just usin dowels and stuff and different heights?

John311
Unregistered guest
Well, you could make a base shape of the box out of MDF, you can make really thin sheets of MDF or even old paneling bend to the shape you're after, then cover it with Duct tape, Fiberglass resin will not stick to duct tape, and will dry. Once it dries, pull the mold off and thicken it w/ more resin as needed. Can't really visualize what you mean by curving down.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
for curves i would use a type of wood called "wacky wood" or "wacky board" and it is very flexible for the contoured parts (check your local lumber yard and i doubt lowes or home depot carries it but they might be able to get it on special order) and for any flat or straight panels id use 1/4 inch cabinet or marine grade plywood.
jay

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
if you have trouble just email me your credit card details and il get it for you
thanks
jay

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2945
Jay your solicitations are getting to be a bit much.

if you want a simple curve, use flexible plywood or a sheet of aluminum as a template.
If you want more complex shapes, make the form using chickenwire or mesh screen, then cover the form in duct tape before glassing it with at least 6 to 8 layers of FG.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
a mans got to earn his living Glass
jay

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2959
you don't do it by going to another company's site and trying to steal business from them.
That alone would convince me you're not worth my time or money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us