Power Acoustik 2400 Watt Sub

Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 1
can someone tell me what the difference between two speakers are if they are the exact same brand and everything and the exact same watts ? example : Power Acoustik MOFO-10
and
Power Acoustik MOFO-12

they are both 2400 watts peak and 1200 rms. what would be the difference? what would you recomend. all i really care for is the bass.

basshead1
Unregistered guest
10 would tighter 12 would move more air and produce more bass. how much room do you have? that 12 requires alot of box space. but no matter which one you get you should have a vented box(more SPL) .

Post Number: 2
i got enough room to prolly fit 2 of those speakers in the trunk. i got a pretty big box for it right now too. if not enough room i will just have to use my back seat i guess. So you think there would be a really big dif in bass between the two speakers ? would the dif be worth paying $20 extra for the 12" instead of the 10". and how would i hook up my amp to it. i just got this new 2400 legacy amp. its 1 x 2400 Watts Bridge Mode . so does that mean all i gotta do is jus bridge it and it will push that 2400 watt 12" ?

Post Number: 3
and where can i get one of those vented boxes ? what exact one would you recomend me to use for my 12" ?

Cainer
Unregistered guest
legacy = not very good at all ricky, the true RMS output of the amp will be A LOT LESS than 2400w, check the RMS output of the amp and make sure the RMS output of the speakers is roughly the same or it could end up sounding s'hit

Post Number: 4
Legacy Blue Diamond Series #LA2080 2-Channel 2400 Watt Amp
* 2 x 200 Watts RMS @4 Ohms
* 2 x 320 Watts RMS @2 Ohms
* 2 x 1200 Watts Max Output
* 1 x 2400 Watts Bridge Mode
* Polished Chrome Finish w/Plexiglass Panel
* Soft Turn On/Off Circuit
* Variable Gain Control
* Remote Turn On/Off
* Hi/Low Level Inputs
* Power On LED Indicator
* Fully Adjustable Electronic Cross Over Network
* Remote Control Bass Boost (0-18dB @60Hz)
* 2 Ohm Stereo Stable
* Bridgeable Into 4 Ohms
* MOSFET PWM Power Supplies
* LED Protection Indicator
* Frequency Response:10-30 kHz
* Power Supply Voltage:14.4 VDC/NRG GD (10.5-16V)
* Maximum Current Draw:50A

POWER ACOUSTIK MOFO-12
Size: 12 inch
Rec. Sealed Box Dims: not recommended
Rec. Ported Box Dims: 2.40 cu.ft.
Free Air Usage: not recommended
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Frequency Response: n/a
Recommended RMS Power: 1200W
Peak Power Handling: 2400W
Impedance: Dual 2 ohms subwoofer

Can you tell me if it will sound like sh1t or not now ? i really dont understand all that 2 ohms or 4 ohms sh1t. what amp would you

Post Number: 5
PowerAcoustik Class D Series #A2400DB - 2400 Watt Mono Block Digital Amp
• Max Power: 2400 Watts
• RMS @ 1 Ohm: 1800 Watts
• RMS @ 2 Ohms: 1400 Watts
• Full Regulated PWM Power Supply
• Variable Subwoofer EQ @ 45Hz
• Variable Sub-Sonic Filter 15Hz-40Hz
• Phase Control
• Remote Dash-Mount Low Level Gain Control With Cable
• Four Way Protection: Thermal / Overload / Short Circuit / DC Offset
• Freq. Resp.: 15 - 150Hz
• THD: 0.05%
• 1 Ohm Stable
• Dual Mono Speaker Terminals
• Gold Plated RCA Connectors

Do you think that Power Acoustik amp would be worth paying 150 dollars more for ?

Cainer
Unregistered guest
the legacy amp will be 640w RMS when bridged to 1 channel so you will be giving the sub half of the power that its rated for thus will sound s'hit, the power acoustic amp is a bit big for 1 sub but will work much better than the legacy and if you run 2 subs off it wired to 1ohm you will get 900w RMS to each sub

Post Number: 6
how do i wire 2 subs into 1 ohm to get 900 RMS to each sub ? All i got right now though is that one 12" which would be the best way to hook that upto that amp. if i bridged it would it blow my speaker ?

Glass please help Ricky
Unregistered guest
I think its best if glasswolf answers that for you ricky, im not the best at explaining stuff and i dont want to be responsable for breaking your system.. Cainer.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2917
you have a mono amp, and two 2+2 ohm DVC subs?
you're not going to get a 1 ohm load. you'll at best get 2 ohms.

wire each sub with coils in series to get a pair of 4 ohm subs, then wire both subs to the amp in parallel for a 2 ohm load.
to get 1 ohm, you'd need two 2 ohm single coil subs, or two 4+4 ohm DVC subs

Post Number: 7
actually i only have one 2 ohm DVC sub. 2400 Watt Peak and 1200 RMS. i was just wondering how to hook up 2 subs to that one amp for if i get another one. but can you tell me the best way to wire one sub to that Power Acoustik amp ? what way will make my speaker hit the hardest ? if i wired it at 2 ohms would 1400 watts be too much for the 1200 watt sub to handle ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us