Orion 2100 wiring question

Username: Tszyu1

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I recently hooked up my orion 2100 (bridged) to an Audiobahn piston compression sub (AWP310T) . It sounds horrible and the sub doesn't seem to jump like it is supposed to.Instead of bumping up it seems to be sucking in and then out. I have it wired parallel, the sub is DVC dual 2ohm voice coilover.It is connected through the mono sub out on my HU with Y adaptor to the amp, mono button pushed in , intelli q not on.The bridge wiring is correct. I really don't know much about this stuff . I am just following wiring diagrams. I also upgraded my alternator to a stinger hi-current alt, I thought it was a polarity issue but I have double and triple checked and can't find the problem. Any help would be appreciated, oh the sub is in a ported box to audiobahn specs.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8698
are you sure that amp is 1 ohm stable bridged?

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 861
yeah, thats not normal

Username: Tszyu1

Post Number: 2
yes it is 1ohm stable bridged mono from what I have read. It is an orion HCCA 2100 old school amp. I did look over some other wiring and noticed I have 8 guage power and ground, and also have not replaced the battery with a deep cell battery could that cause such a problem? I have an orion 225 g4 HCCA running the fronts and even though the sub is not running correctly my lights still dim when the bass hits when it is turned up and the car is at idle, its fine when I'm driving. The amp doesn't even feel hot like my 225.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us