Advice needed on choosing an amp for my subs

Username: Shannon_4011

Post Number: 1
Hey!
I really do not know much about amps and subs, so any help would be great! I just got 2 10" Kicker Comp subs, but I don't know which amp would help it to have the best sound. It says the max recomended amp power (watts peak/watts RMS) is 300/150. It also says the frequency response is 30-500. I also have Alpine speakers and an Eclipse deck (I am not sure if that would make a difference). Any help would be awesome!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10895
are the subs...svc 4ohm 2ohm?? dvc 4ohm 2ohm??

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 95
Assuming it is the 05C104 model (single 4 ohm), and also assuming that you don't want to have to pawn a kidney for a thousand dollar amp, something like this would work in your situation:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3963

Username: Shannon_4011

Post Number: 3
They are 4 ohms, but I don't know what svc or dvc are.....

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 98
Basically dvc means dual voice coil, which means that each woofer has two voice coils instead of just one (svc - single voice coil) on a conventional speaker . This is so one coil can push the woofer only on right channel input, while the other pushes only the left signals. And you can also wire the coils together to get the desired impedance etc.

But low bass is pretty much non-directional (you can't locate where it is coming from) so you will be just fine with what you have. We will have to show you how to wire the subs correctly, but it is really easy.

So, if that amp sounds like an amount you want to spend, go for it -- and if you want to spend a little more, someone will have recommendations on some other models.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2865
there svc, almost 100% comps are all svc. another good amp for them would be a xenon 400.1, mat dope has one for sale for about $150 shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us