What Subs to Get?

Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 4
I have a Hifonics Brutus BXi1206D currently running 1200 rms at 1 ohm and 900 rms at 2 ohm. Keep in mind its a Hifonics amp so take a 100 or so off. (In the next six months I hope to upgrade to a Kicker ZX750.1 or ZX1000.1 ---2 ohm stable amps - not 1 ohm stable)
I'm debating which subs to get.
I was initially thinking two 12" Diamond D3 2 ohms subs($85 each +S&H) but now i found buy one get one free Infinity Kappa Perfect 12" subs (dual 4 ohm subs) for $180 shipped.
I think I want two 12s. I was debating three 10s because my trunk is one or two inches too thin to fit a standard triple 12" box.
I'm also debating saving some major money and buying two JL 12 or 13w3v3-2s.
Any suggestions on which to get, figure 200-300 dollar spending limit. Any suggestions of subs other than these would be great. Thanks -Cal

Post Number: 5
I could also get Polk DB124 (circuit city style ones) for $55 bucks a piece rated at about 360 rms.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2832
where you live at? j/w cause i have some 12w3's i'm trying to get rid of and probably my 15" cvr if interested.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1566
get two good subs instead of getting 3. Getting 3 would lead to a minimum of 2.6 ohms on 3 dual4 subwoofers. 2 dual 2 subwoofers will get you that 2ohm load for those zx amps. By looking at the subwoofers you mentioned I'm guessing your going to Sound Quality right? I'm not much a Sound Quality person but a zx750.1 will push out 9XX RMS. I would get Alpine Type R's 12's for a dual sub setup. 1 Fi Q 15, if you want a single sub setup. Other than that, I wouldn't know to much on Sq, mainly sql for me. Also B from ecoustics is selling a ID Max 12 I think it is for 300, very good deal, very good subwoofer IMO.

www.ficaraudio.com for the fiQ
www.ascendantaudio.com for the Arsenal

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1567
lmao I didn't even mention the arsenal, disregard that, but mind as well look into it.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2835
arsenals are sold out just to let you know.

Post Number: 7
Well to start off I live in Cleveland and are those the w3v2s?
Also, you're right I am going for a SQ set up, but like others, I love to blast the subs sometimes and wake the dead, but that doesn't mean I want a Solo X or something rediculous like that. What do you guys think of the 13kv.2 or Elemental Designs subs for that matter.
I'm sure you know, but I could run three 2 ohm subs at 2 ohms (aka on one of those kicker amps) but thats the only way I'd consider three subs because three 4 ohm subs is totally illogical at 2.67 ohms.

Post Number: 8
I am also thinking I want two or more subs. I had one Pioneer Premier TS-W3002SPL and I liked it because it hit hard, but it was definitely an SPL sub because it didnt hit certain notes the way I would've liked it to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us