Got a big problem

Bronze Member
Username: Streetridersr22

Mason city, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 23
k i dont know wat to do i have a kicker 800.2 and a 10" mtx9500.... now i was doin a bass test on it and everything was workin just fine then i changed the cd and it stoped workin after that now i still have power to the amp and eveything but i dont know wat could have gone worng the amp is only 2months old... let me know wat u guys think and any avdice that u have will b great

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1312
Need more info;

Name brands of all of your equipment
model
year made (if applicable)
who installed your stuff and how
what were you doin before it went dead.(did u run it all the way up for long periods of time?)
are there any reasons for malfunction such as short circuits, disconnected wires, etc... look even inside the box to make sure the speaker terminals are connected good.

Bronze Member

Mason city, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 24
its a kicker kx800.2 bridged and a 10" mtx 9500 single 4ohm voice coil... i was runnin it half way loud bass test nothin like i would at a comp had it goin for bout a min......i did all my instulations...just listen to it like norm nothing goin real hard... i didnt see any reason for a malfunction at all everything was tight and the amp is bolted down so it wont move around

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1314
"i changed the cd and it stoped workin after that"

What stopped working? The amp, the sub, the stereo, what?

Replace the sub with another to see if that is your problem.

Do the same with your amp, HU and or any other equipment you have.

Troubleshooting is best when you use the process of elimination method. Once you find a problem area, then you go in deeper and check everything closer up. This is the best way to troubleshoot.

Bronze Member

Mason city, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 25
the amp stoped working..but on the amp it has a light on the top of it that tells u if there is power to it and that is on....but the amp gose on protect as soon as the music starts playin even if dont have the sub hooked up to it...like it will go on protect(red light on amp) untill the music starts playin the that will shut off and it will still have power to it... but the protection or the green lights on the amp will glow like they should....

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1315
Well since you have a "single" voice coil 4 ohm sub, I am guessing that you didnt screw up figuring out how to wire one set of (+ & -) wires to the sub, lol.

Now,

I am guessing that you may not have wired the amp corectly when you "bridged" it.

Some amps will accept that you use only the positive wires from the amp and wire the sub wires into only the positive terminals on the amp. So dont hook up to the negative terminals on the amp, just the positives.

On some amps, you have to wire it differently when you "bridge" an amp. You do this by hooking up the left positive and the right negative terminals from the amp to the sub.

On other amps, you use the left negative and the right positive.

You need to make sure that you are wiring it correctly before you turn it on. Since this is an older model amp, you may have the manual and/or you may not have a schematics on the amp itself.

Check this out first. You need to have your wiring correctly, otherwise your amp may malfunction.

Some amps even have a stereo or bridged push button. When you bridge two channels into one, you need to activate the bridged button.

This may be the reason why your amp is in protect mode.

Username: Kickers69

Chester, Va USA

Post Number: 1
i got two kicker 12" subs and an infinity 400 wat amp. well my subs are brand new. my amp is about 7 months old. well all of a sudden my subs quit workin. my amp is runnin but subs wont work. i went over every wire and connection and every things is hooked up. know of any reason they quit workin? i need help lol

Username: Kickers69

Chester, Va USA

Post Number: 2
my subs are the new Kicker 05DCVR122

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1316
"Troubleshooting is best when you use the process of elimination method. Once you find a problem area, then you go in deeper and check everything closer up. This is the best way to troubleshoot."

Bronze Member

Mason city, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 26
bout our only thing is that the speaker termanls on the inside of ur amp blew apart.. all u got to do to fix it is take the cover off the amp and sodor the wires back together....now help me!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us