I lost my wiring Diagram - sony amp

Username: Durski

Post Number: 1
I know i'm gonna get crap for it, but I didn't plan it this way, somehow I ended up with a sony xplod amp, subs, and head unit. They sound great together, but I want a little more out of it. I believe the amp is the sony xm-21656t, I can make sure later. The subs are xplod something, 800max 200 rms. The amp runs 165 rms when wired in stereo at 4ohms(i think). What I want to do is bust it down to 2 ohms and get 200rms out of it, but I dont know how. Is there a standard for wiring in 2 ohms or does it all depend on your speakers and amp?
any help would be appreciated.

Username: Durski

Post Number: 3
update:
I've done some research. It seems I would need to wire my speakers in parellel to achieve the 2 ohm 200 watt rms output.
Second question: Should I bother?
I sure that the amp would go from 165 rms to 200 rms if it was at 2 ohms, so I know the power will be there, but will I even notice it? Also it would be a mono system if wired in parellel, currently it is wired in stereo, 1 speaker per channel, will I notice a difference between mono and stereo if all i want is bass to come through the subs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us