Popping fuses...

Username: 218

Post Number: 2
My eD nine.1 was sounding good for about a hour with my 15" dual 2 ohm comp VR's until it suddenly cut out. I pop my trunk, and see all four 30 amp fuses in my amp had blown. I check all my wiring, replace the fuses, and turn the system back on, the fuses pop again instantly. I disconnect my speakers, recheck all my wires again, and replace the fuses 1 more time. Again they pop instantly when the amp turns on. Running 0 gauge wires, and have an Eclipse CD2000 deck. Any ideas??

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4513
well, the nine.1 is 1 ohm stable, so you need 2 dual 4 ohm subs to run it @ 1 ohm... you cant run @ 1 ohm with 2 dual 2 ohms. :-( unless you have it wired to 2 ohms

Username: 218

Post Number: 3
Not trying to run it at 1 ohm. Wired for 2 ohms. Gonna drop it down to 1 when I get another 15" tho.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4518
then the gain on the amp needs to be down alot more... its called eithr the gain or the "level" on some amps

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 132
hey 218, that same thing happen to my Orion 1200D, eventually that infamous white cloud of smoke will come out of your amp, so stop trying to hook it up and send it back to the Manufacturer if you have a valid warranty!! Hope this helps you out.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1388
if you do hook it back up then only use one 30 amp fuse instead of all four of them. that amp shouldn't blow one 30 amp fuse with no music playing through it. This way you will be less likely to cause the white smoke while you are trying different stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us