PLEASE HELP MEOUT

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 356
Hello friends,
I am still in trouble for selecting a new amp. My friend who is in Sydney, need an amp for powering two Alpine Type R subs. He havent bought those alpine subs, but he is keen to buy those ones. But unfortunately, he is unable to get one. He asked a installer there about JBL GTO 1201 amp, he said that the installer is not recomending that amp. Also, me too have read that amps' rating are at 14.4 V.
So guys, He is having a budget of 385 US dollars inlcuding shipping, he can stretch a bit to $ 400. Can any one please tell me which amp to buy at 400 dollars including shipping, you can say the shipping might be 150 dollars to sydney for a 1000 wrms amp

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3680
hello aman, i really don't know why that dealer is so dumb, that amp is very nice, ask to anyone here, especially drivingreckless. If you want to get a 1000w rms amp at 1 ohm try this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX1200-1-1200-WATT-MONO-SUB-AMPLIFIER-CLASS-D_W0QQite mZ250059307756QQihZ015QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 357
Hi juliob, how are you?
Well that dealer says no intl shipping

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3357
your going to have a hard time finding something, airmail parcel post is 127 for a 25lb package, does not leave much for an amp. unless you can find a used one on here for about 250.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3358
that kicker amp looks like a refurb amp, but it is a nice amp though

Gold Member

Post Number: 3682
well, i wouldn't recommend hifonics 1206D on this case for you aman, but maybe that would be an amp he can afford and will do the job nicely.

Bronze Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Post Number: 39
the jbl 1200.1 amp is amazing, if you could get it, id suggest it, ive got it powering my jbl 10" gti series and its rediculously powerfull, assuming hes getting either the 10's or 12"s there will be way more than enough power, and even if he got 2 15's thered still be enough power. Jbl makes amazing amps, ive got one 1200.1 and two bpx 2200.1, they are all great amps

Gold Member

Post Number: 3685
i told ya aman, can't go wrong with jbl. All these guys might know more than that stupid dealer guy from australia. You know that we recommend the best for you. Try the JBL gto1201.1

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2145
"i told ya aman, can't go wrong with jbl. All these guys might know more than that stupid dealer guy from australia. You know that we recommend the best for you. Try the JBL gto1201.1"

Your trying to convince a person to buy that amp with like three people who really aren't professionals to begin with, kinda funny... :-O Polo..

PS- I have a magical @sshole to sell ya, will push out a 2000 wrms turd and cost ya a lot less! lOl...

Silver Member

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 358
Hi juliob, an Australian Alpine Dealer suggested me this setup. What about your views?

phoenix gold OCTANE-R 15.0:1 1500W and 2 x SWR-1222d, or SWR-1022d

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2151
Octane subs are pretty decent but if you were going to get an amps stick with Pheonix golds Xenon 1200.1 (X1200.1), they are great amps for the money. Polo..

Silver Member

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 359
SORRY Couldnt get any at ebay

Gold Member

Post Number: 3693
well, consider these amps then:

1-Soundstream pca 1000D
2-hifonics bxi 1206D
3-Directed d2400
4-Orion 1200D
5- Search memphis on ebay.
6-kicker kx 1200
7-old school rockford.
8- If you dare to try lanzar optidrive 1400D, very cheap amp, decent quality and you might catch a good warranty. Nobody likes it but the quality is still decent and the power is there. In the worst case, the amp will put 1000wrms at least.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3696
add autotek mm 1000D to that list.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us