JL 250/1 or similar?

Bronze Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 45
Looking for a mono amp that puts out 250-400 at 2 ohms that can be found on ebay for about $250ish. So decent quality, like the JL, that'll do at least 250x1@2Ohms. Just didnt know if there was anything better than the JL for that price. Thanks for the help!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3350
ct mike is selling a PG x400.1 for like 140 on this 4, it is 1-4 ohm stable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
i would prefer to buy new, also i have to add on that i have a limit on dimensions: 13"x10"x2.5"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
i would prefer to buy new, also i have to add on that i have a limit on dimensions: 13"x10"x2.5"

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 282
i dont think you'll find a amp that meets jl's build quality, but i'd rather buy from a authorized dealer when were talkin about jl cuz you get the warranty, buying online you get no warranty except maybe with the company.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i think its like 400 from the dealers. im not gonna pay 150 for a warranty when if this one were to break i could get another brand new one for 250. ill just the jl though i doubt anything will match it. thanks for the advice.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1180
every time people like you buy somthing like that from ebay all you are doing is putting a little dealer in the hole and making a huge online distributer thrive its really not right think about it. we wont have small authorized dealers anymore because of ebay.

do whats right man

i dont think that amp is gonna cost you 400 bills at a dealer either. why dont you go to a dealer and tell them what you have for money and ask them what they can do, and while your there ask them for a price on the 250/1.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2674
the msrp on the 250/1 is $500 so $400 is o.k. from dealer. you should still be able to get it lower, i could get one from a dealer for about $350 out the door. i could probably get a hold of a memphis mcd500 for lower than that if you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
im not tryin to be mean or ignorant, but im 17 years old, just tryin to get a decent system. the money's staying on american soil, and the dealer that i would be going through has enough money so he can buy his yellow lamborghini gallardo. im not particularly worried about him. maybe some guy on ebay can get his gallardo with my money. im on a budget, im not worried about warranty, and im not spending over my budget. to some 100 bucks is nothing. when you're broke as a joke in high school, its a lot. ive never been big on clothes or shoes or anything a guy might spend some money on. just always have wanted one thing since i got a car and that was a nice stereo. however i gotta do it, i will. does buying a used amp help the authorized dealers?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2676
buying used from a dealer? yeah it helps them, they're still making a profit. let me know if interested in the xenon 400.1 i have for sale. or if you want i can check to see what i can get a 250/1 or memphis 500 for.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4498
great seller :-) ^^^

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 286
im 17 and have a job i might not be able to afford everything at once but i still get it eventually.....when you buy that amp on ebay or wherever for 250 if it goes bad you say buy another one for 250...well thats 500 dollars already versus pay the authorized dealer and if anything happens to it in a 2 year period ( if installed by authorized dealer or approved by authorized dealer ) they have to replace it with a new one....its your choice so do what you want....btw...im paying for a 500/1 right now yea it was 500 and some change but still im the kinda person who likes warrantys but if u wanna get offline and it messes up dont say i didnt tell u so

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 255
wouldent buy JL online. you dont save enough to make it worth it. im gettin kicker. that online is liek half the price. the JL stuff is like maybe 40 or 50 bux less. not even worth the risk. that and you take a risk of gettin fu.cked over by some random person. or company.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
um no its about 220 bucks less than retail matt. enough with this discussion its already been killed.

Bronze Member
Username: Miho1379

Austin, Texas United states

Post Number: 18
MC, im in high school as well and i know my share of car audio and ive been through 4 sound systems since sop. year and im a senior this year, trust me for what your looking for with that budget(i know money is tight) you cant go wrong with kickers KX400.1, it will push out 400 watts of pure power at 2 ohms no problem!
trust me you wont regret it

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4573

quote:

when you buy that amp on ebay or wherever for 250 if it goes bad you say buy another one for 250...well thats 500 dollars already versus pay the authorized dealer and if anything happens to it in a 2 year period

M C,

you should NEVER go through 2 amps like that then, lol. thats why you get a good quaity amp, so you wouldnt even have to worry bout the warrenty problems. PG 400 is a very high quality amp, and it wont go bad. i would still get it from CT, but its your money and our decision, im just here to encourage one or the other.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us