Some help please

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 340
ok so i got in a crash the other day and i have to pay 750 to fix my car so i cant get the zx2500.1 right now. but i do have an amp that was a freebe to me. it is a power acoustik.(haha i know you guys dont like PA) i need to konw how to wire 2 dual 2 ohm fi Q to it. it is a 2 channel and im not sure how to wire it. the diagrams look like they are for 1 channel amps. can anyone help me. i know it is under powering those subs by a lot but its all i have for now. here is my amp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-ACOUSTIK-TS1920-2-1920w-PLASMA-CAR-AMPLIFIE R-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ017QQitemZ270061551121QQrdZ1

thanks for all feedback.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 341
anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1720
You can't

2 dual 2 ohm subs can only be wired to 2 ohms or .5 ohms, neither of which can be run safely with your amp. You could run each sub to it's own channel @ 4 ohms, but then you would be getting hardly any power out of an amp that is overrated anyway. Just wait man and don't try it, it's not worth torching your subs.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3632
if you sell that amp locally for 150 and you save 150 then you can get a lanzar optidrive 2000D, hehe lol!

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 342
it said that you can wire it to 2 ohms i think. somthing like 440rms x 2. i dont konw maybe im wrong.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 343
it said that you can wire it to 2 ohms i think. somthing like 440rms x 2 @ 2 ohms??? i dont konw maybe im wrong. thanks for the input

Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 9
we sell these amps at the shop i work at.. and im quite confident u can try running it at 2 ohm bridged.. im confident it will work.. u know just odnt get carried away and give it time to cool down once in a while and be carefull with the gain.. it will work.. :-)

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 344
how would i bridge it. i have never bridged an amp before?

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 12
we sell power acoustic amps at the shop i work at.. and they are only stable 2 ohm stereo.. and 4 ohm bridged.. however if you carefull with it you can run it 2 ohm bridged and it will work fine.. just be carefull with your gain and watch the heat..

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 345
how exactly do i bridge an amp tho. is that just doubling the wires or something?

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 16
yes you just take the positives and negatices form both woofers.. alright ad you twist teh positives together.. and on the amp there will be a thing that says bridged.. and it will have a line drawn to one positive on the amp and one negative.. you simply use those two for both your woofers..

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 346
the thing i dont get is that there should be a pos and a neg for each sub right?? well then if i wire it to a 2 ohm like this:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC2x2

then there is only 1 pos and 1 neg for both subs. thats where i get confused. for a 2 channel amp there is only 1 pos a neg when there should be 2 of each. do you know what i am trying to say??? i know its confusing.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4463
a + and - = 1 voice coil

if your sub is DUAL voice coil it will have = + and -, and + and -

i dought you want to run your amp at .5 ohms, makes it work too hard. if you have 2 dual 2 ohm subs, you can only wire to a 2 ohm load (because thats the best you will find on an amp) use www.the2volt.com

where the speaker wires from the subs GO INTO the amp, thats where there is only going to be a + and -, (when you have it hooked mono) or if you do a speaker per channel (so for a two channel amp) you would get the diagram that you need, and do that for each sub, and just hook it to one + and - on the amp. i hope that didnt sound too confusing. :-(

lets start from the beginning. you have 2 dual 2 ohm subs correct, and what amp are you wanting to run?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4464
so you would want to wire in the second picture down.. and see how he subs (since they are DVC) have 2 sets of + and - :-)

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 350
so i just double the pos and neg wires for for the 2 ohm load and put them in their own channel??

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 352
it was a POWER ACOUSTIK TS1920. only using it until i can get some money for a kicker 2500.1

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4465
its not gonna power the fi q's very well, BUT since the power ratings are:

# 440 watts x 2 RMS @ 2 Ohms
# 880W x 1 RMS Bridged Mono @ 4 Ohms
# 370 watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohm

i would wire each sub to its own channel @ 4 ohms. so, wire like this, onto each amps channel:

Upload

so basically wire each sub exactly as its shown in the picture, and then connect the + and - wires comin out of one sub to ONE amp channel, and then the othr subs the same thing, but to the 2ND amp channel :-)

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 355
ok that helped out alot!!!!!!!! thank you.

and when i get the kicker amp do i just do what it says to for a 2 ohm load since it is a mono amp??

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4467
yep

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 18
if you wire each sub to 4 ohm and run it stereo it wont put out any power.. just wire each one to 4 ohm and bridge it at 2 ohm.. that will work fine..

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4472
it doesnt bridge at 2 ohms.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4473
you can only bridge @ 4 ohms, and he cant wire

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 46
it is only stable at 4 ohm bridged but it will run... you just have to adjust the gain down and turn the boost off... it will run...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4508
lol. it will run for a couple minutes, expecially a PA amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us