Help!! Fuse keeps blowing....

Bronze Member
Username: Coreyh6987

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 29
Ok, I took my stereo out a few months ago and decided to put it back in today. I got all of it wired back up and started to check it. I turned my car on and the cd player didnt turn on. I checked the fuse under my dash and it was blown so I replaced it. Turned the car back on and it blew the fuse again. I unhooked the REMOTE wire that goes to the amp and replaced the fuse for the radio. This time the CD player came on. My question is, Why everytime I plug the remote wire from the amplifier into my cd player, does it keep blowing fuses? Thanks alot!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7670
check the wiring to your amp, disconnect your power and ground and make sure the pos isnt grounded and make sure your grd isnt recieving power.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 30
checked and the wiring was correct. I disconnected it just to make sure and it's still doing it.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 31
bump, still need help

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4367
hmm. kinda weird, i wouild turn your gain down a lil bit and tell me if it keeps happening..

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1385
Use a meter to find the short. Sounds like you have the wrong rem wire.
And please post what amp, HU, sub you are using. It makes it easier for ppl to help you.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4375
what do you mean the wrong rem wire marc?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1387
like its not wired to the hu rem, and to the HU ground.
"Why everytime I plug the remote wire from the amplifier into my cd player, does it keep blowing fuses? Thanks alot!"

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 32
Amp - XTANT A6001T
HU - Pioneer DEH-P680MP
Subs - (2)12" Infinity 1240w

REM goes from the REM on the amp to the REM wire on the HU.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4379
turn your gain down, and put the rem somewhere else and see if that helps

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1909
what fuses blow?

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 33
just the radio fuse that is under the dash and every once in a while the back-up radio fuse that it under the hood.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 34
just the radio fuse that is under the dash and every once in a while the back-up radio fuse that is under the hood.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 35
sorry for the double post

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1390
your sure its the right hu rem wire? blue, blue/white? Re check all your wires, Something is shorting out. If you use a jumper from the amps rem to the amps positive terminal, does the amp work? You may have a bare spot on the rem wire between the amp and HU. try running another wire.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 36
I used to always hook the REM wire up to the ignition wire on the back of the CD Player, but ever since I put my system back in it started doing this. When I hook it up the the REM wire(blue/white) on the back of the CD Player, I get no power. I tried to run the jumper wire from REM to 12V+ on the amp and it just sparks like crazy so I cant check it.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4409
shouldnt be sparking...

just get some extra speaker wire, and wire from the end of the REM stright to the batt pos posts. (have the ground disconnected) and put the rem in with the positive terminal on the batt. then re-connect the neg. on the batt and se if it works.

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 37
Ok, I don't have ANY wire that long other than my power wire for the amp. So ill try that tomorrow when I get some. What kinds of things can cause shorts. Where else can I hook the remote wire and be safe( cig light, ignition, radio fuse on the fuse block) which one would be the best way to wire it? If I wire it to the fuse block, How would I wire it there. Thanks

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4415
basically, just pull a fuse out, wrape the rem around one of the prongs, look at the amp to make sure its not on without the car off, and then just stick the fuse back in there.

i guess you can just run the rem wire from the amp to the power wire's terminal on the amp, but make sure you disconnect the neg batt terminal before you do that :-)

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 38
Ok, I just went to pick up some stuff so I'm gonna go see how it works. Thanks for all the help.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4426
k, let us know how it goes

Bronze Member

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 39
Got it working!! lol For some reason when I turned my car on after I hooked the REM wire to the RADIO fuse on the fuse block, the wire melted?? I know I did something wrong but what? lol

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1391
your amp has a dead short. Is there continuity between amps rem and amps ground? If there is, your amps bad. Is there continuity betweeen the amps Pos. and amps ground? if there is, amps bad.
The fact that the wire melted indicates that the rem is somehow grounded inside the amp. Thats my opionion. Anyone else?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4438
thats the only thing i can think of, rem must be grounding somehwhere or somthin inside the amp.,, i cant think of any otehr thing. and how much did the wire melt? try hooking it to somethin else and see if it still happens

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1396
Wire melted cause you jumped the fuse on the hot side, not the fused side. Are you sure POS and NEG are in the right terminals? They are not reversed?
Do you own or have acess to a DMM?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us