Question. its making me mad..

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 302
Alright, when i first got my 18sx and installed in on my rockfrod 800aII i bridged it at 4 ohms which is supposively 800wrms and it was banging hard moving the sub pretty good but now its not hitting that hard as it used to what could be wrong? could i not be getting all 800 now? what do you think...oh and i changed my hu but it gives same rca output. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1661
Well some HUs give the max pre-out voltage. Like 4v, but the real RMS voltage is like 2v to 2.2v rms. Make of sure that the head unit are supposed to be giving the same amount of signal. If not your going to need to adjust the gain nob accordingly.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3177
maybe now that it broke in it needs more power idk lol but id check the gains and see if everything is still connected def check inside the box on the sub terminals cause if one came off ur putting more power on anohter terminal which is not good

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3178
bump wtf hate this place sometimes

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 303
^^ what lol i dont understand issac also my new hu has 3 rca out puts 2 front 2 rear and 1 blue one that says subwoofer but it only has one connect so i dunno its not like red and white outputs its just one and its blue...its aggrivating i dontd understand why it hits less

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1431
SPL Choice, you could just use your front or rear, the main use for a subwoofer output, is simply for non-fading, (no left/right channels). Also - some decks have controls in the deck, specific to the subwoofer output. If you want to use the sub out, get a RCA splitter to make it into two, to plug into your amplifier. Or, it should work with just one plugged in, even.

This is definitely a result of your HU. It's like on my JVC SHX900, I have to go into the menu, go to sub out controls, and actually turn the bass up to 8, whereas it starts off on 4. (This is seperate of the equalizer) to make it hit like a normal deck with just one set of RCA outputs would, or like it does if I even hook up the front or back RCA's to the amp.

But it's cool, because I can select a LPF right from my deck, for those sub-output RCA's, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1432
SPL Choice, you could just use your front or rear, the main use for a subwoofer output, is simply for non-fading, (no left/right channels). Also - some decks have controls in the deck, specific to the subwoofer output. If you want to use the sub out, get a RCA splitter to make it into two, to plug into your amplifier. Or, it should work with just one plugged in, even.

This is definitely a result of your HU. It's like on my JVC SHX900, I have to go into the menu, go to sub out controls, and actually turn the bass up to 8, whereas it starts off on 4. (This is seperate of the equalizer) to make it hit like a normal deck with just one set of RCA outputs would, or like it does if I even hook up the front or back RCA's to the amp.

But it's cool, because I can select a LPF right from my deck, for those sub-output RCA's, etc.

You could test this, by just tossing the RCA's on one of the other RCA outputs (etc using the front channel for a sec to test it)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us