Ho alt install

Bronze Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 52
how much should it run to get an ho alt installed if you have had one put it please help with any suggestions on how much you paid

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 287
IMO I'd say anytime u have a system and can afford it.

But most people go starting with about 1000 +

Also IMO, use Iraggi - on eBay

Bronze Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 55
alright that helps alot i just need to find a place that does it thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7438
do you already have the ho alt and you want to know how much it would be to install it?

if you don't have one already, iraggi alts are excellent. i paid $510 shipped for mine. i installed it myself with the help of B, Seth Lowe, and Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5738
It does not cost $1000 to have HO alternator installed! Do not get fooled. All you need to do is tell the installer that it's just another alternator. Then, they will charge you a standard rate. It shoudn't be any more than $150 - $200 depending on your car.
There are a lot of crooks out there that want to charge $500+ for anything that's not standard.
I had to install mine myself cause they wanted almost $800.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3187
lol its not that hard to do theres like 3 bolts and a belt thats it takes 10 mins if u know how to do it.

Username: Diteyenguyen

Post Number: 8
He was not sayng $1,000 for installation I do not believe. He was saying get an HO when your system is at 1k watts.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3205
who knows depending on the car it will prob run around 3-4 then install it urself and ur done

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 289
yea, Balls is correct. I wasn't very clear - I meant to say around 1000 Watts RMS is about the time people that are serious look into HO alts

Mine cost me 300

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1156
I got mines installed for free and installed a new belt at the same time. But if the alt is on top of the car, doing it yourself would be best, if its on the side or bottom where its hard to get to then thats up to you. Should cost about 100 to get it installed. Could be more or less though depends.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7466
take some pics of the place where the current alt is. there are many that will help you with what you need to do. including me. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us