Four 12's and a amp =)

Username: Boxy_brown

Post Number: 1
Hay im kinda new to this stuff but im wanting to learn i just bought four 12's 700w 4 ohm svc and a 1600 (400x4) amp any suggestions on how to hook them up. I was reading about paralel and series wireing and i kinda got confused. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1148
make and model of subs and amp will help us to help you better.

Post Number: 3
i dont have any thing hooked up at the moment, im going to have to build my own box but i found a thing on this sight that made it seem not to hard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1150
if those subs can handle 700rms each, and depending on the amp if it does 400x4 at 4ohms per channel then you can wire each sub to its own channel but you underpowering it by 300watts each. Since we don't know what kind of amp that is, I don't know if it will even put out 400rms(real watts). So it will be best if you can give us the make and model of the subs and amp. So yeah, more info please =).

Post Number: 4
the amp is CUSPID USA MODEL AM-4310 1600w
the speakers are Ultra Linear model PRO 12
i know they are not top of the line but i got them real cheep from a firend and was wondering what i could do with um. if ya need more info ill see what else i can find

Gold Member

Post Number: 1153
I did a little research on the amp. and the closest thing I came to was that someone said that the amp only pushes out 160rms or so. So running 4 subwoofers wouldn't be worth it. If you don't believe that your amp only pushes out that much power. look at the fuse on your amp, its like a 20amp fuse or lower more like a 15amp fuse. Running one subwoofer is best for you. Also that amp is made for highs and not subwoofers in a sense that its a 4 channel. Hope you didn't pay that much for it.

Post Number: 5
ok thanks a lot no worrys i only paied $40 for it =P so its not to much of a loss, thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 890
keep it and run your highs off it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1155
yeah, thats a good idea richard, you should still keep the amp and run your highs. Not really a loss if you use it to run your highs.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3555
cuspid= cr4p
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us