0.5 ohm daily

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1774
Just curious if my BEtter Audio 1600M1/RE 35.1 will run at 0.5ohm daily.. given it would not be abused. Volume would be 1/2 or less on the h/u and if need be the gains could be turned down except for comps. Want to run two RE SX 15"s with it but if it won't handle 0.5 daily I'd have to either send each sub roughly 600rms each @ 2 ohm or find some cash and buy another one.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7423
yes it can kevin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1779
so your positive it will run 0.5 daily and not croak? I found another one for 215 but I don't have the money until I sell my spare amp but I don't want to pair it eventually.. but if the sub came first I'd wire them to 0.5 ohm still I got the amp but currently I'm working on a way to get funds for the other amp.. two re sx 15s with two re 35.1s ... slamming

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7425
i read it on another forum where this dude ran that amp at .5ohms. like you said it will only be for short burps. for daily i am not sure.

i regret getting a dual 2ohm subs. i should of got the 1ohm version. i am curious what i can be doing with my subs at .5 ohms to my amps.

i wonder how much scott would charge for me to return the sub and have it changed to dual 1ohm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
im sure he'd work with you.. thats what ive been hearing about ,, just burping at 0.5 ohm
:-(

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7427
yeah for comps i could of done .5ohm and my amp would dish out some more power.

for daily i can just run it at 2ohm which will still give me 1700wrms out of my amps. damn.

anyways getting back on your topic. i doubt your amp will fry but will you have enough power to keep from clipping?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2541
idk i asked on the RE forum if my 12.1 could do .5ohm daily and they said no only for burps, so idk if the 35.1 could do .5ohm daily, if it was me i wouldn't chance it, but thats just me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us