Alt problems

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2054
hey i had a problem with my alterstart HO alt. anyway took it to the NAPA to have it tested and they said the bearings were bad.

so i sent it back to be fixed and alterstart told me that the stator is burnt up and that happend because of a bad battery.

how can this be the case if my battery is FINE. i have no problems with it charging or starting my car. i have also had it load tested and its fine. not to mention my stock alt. hasnt burned up?

so any idea whats really up with it. im going to call them soon and see what they say i just dont want them BSing me

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2055
ok they said that even though the battery tested fine there must be something wrong with it because the stator will only burn up if your pulling to much current then the alt. can handel(im not) or if the battery is bad. i have it load tested by a guy a know well who works at NAPA and he siad its fine. and the guy says its not their fault its mine. so now its costed me 32bucks shipping back and fourth. needless to say im pretty pissed so i just might sell it because i dont want to have to deal with them after this.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 276
man ur going through hell right now...sorry bro

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2070
thanks man it sucks, i dont know if im going to sell it and run less power or put it back in

only thing is if i put it back in i dont want the same s h i t to happen. i dont see how it happend to begin with but if it is the batt. i dont really have 150 to buy a nice batt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us