New HU ?

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1887
thinking of the Pioneer 8600, anything else you guys reccomend for around 200 or so

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10447
hmm..nope...nothing better pops up...besides the premier...

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1175
If you are gonna get a Pioneer, it is better to get a Pioneer Premier model. See what u can find, they cost a little more, but have more powerful pre-outs for an amp. And some have a specific rca just for the sub amp itself.

Here's one on ebay...Its a Pioneer Premier DEH860-MP

which should be the Premier version of the 8600, at least thats the way they usually differentiate...the regular pioneer is 4 digits and the premier model loses the last zero.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P860MP-MP3-CD-WMA-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ120056 818569QQihZ002QQcategoryZ39752QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1889
i just made an offer on a 860mp, if the seller turns it down i was thinking of buying chads HU and he is the one with the 8600

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9983
muddy has that 8600 & i have the premier 860 & we will both tell u its damn good ......

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1319
Im looking at the 4 volt rca Kenwood X590 Only because it has a USB port. bye bye cds, hello digital.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=x590&category0=

The x890 is basically the same unit but with 5 volts rca, and has a G anilazer built in. Cool feature for a sporty car.

"G-Analyzer

Available on select models, Graphic Motion Analyzer lets you see the performance of your vehicle right on the receiver's display. For example, in Lateral G-Force mode, you'll see animation of your car turning as you make a right or left turn. In G-Gauges, two gauges display G-forces in real-time while your accelerating and turning. G-Meter displays a numeric readout of G-forces while you're accelerating and turning, and G-Counter shows G-forces for acceleration over a 1-hour time period. A built-in motion-activated stopwatch can be started and stopped when a key is pressed or when your car experiences forward G-forces, and Horsepower display (2006 and up) calculates your vehicle's horsepower and will record the maximum horsepower on performance graphs. "

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 719
marc,
sorry, but CD = digital LOL:-)
Another thing is - if you put your music on a storage unit (Ipod, whatever) in mp3 format then your sampling rate is not gonna be as high as it is on a CD, so no true SQ for you.
IMO, mp3 = total crap:-)

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1321
USB==2 gig thumbdrive

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1322
like this

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9988
cute doggy -lol ..

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

8======D 18 of love

Post Number: 578
I can't even tell the difference compared to an MP3 cd and a regular one. What I hear on my computer is what I hear in my car, and both sound great. You just can't have sh!tty bit rate music...

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1891
nice, got a refurbed 8600 for 220 shipped on ebay

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1892
oops turns out it was the premier 860mp yay

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1177
HEY, even better...glad you got the premier....congrats!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9102
i dont listen to Mp3's anymore...only CD's, they sound so much louder/fuller/more detailed than any mp3's i have heard....maybe i just listen too hard. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us